Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair to Kane - Norwich were in the Prem at the time and he fractured his ankle and we decided to recall him because of it.

However, he was then sent out to Leicester on loan who were in the Championship and could barely make their team. So you're still right.

Metatarsal, not his ankle.

Harry Kane was loaned to Norwich at the same age and did nothing,
Fake news....he did his ankle.

(edit, OK maybe it was his metatarsal but the joke still stands)
I was actually there that night at Carrow Road about 10 yards away from him when he did it. I had taken a friends boy who was a Canaries fan.

Nice to see Skipp starting from day 1.

To add to this, he hits every pass with intent even if it's a short square to his CB. He seems to read the game and anticipate well, he's going to be a key piece in their promotion fight. Hopefully will be what we wanted Winks to be for us.

Last edited:
Great to hear......seems like there is a future for him hopefully, if he keeps it up.
Kane, Skipp, Winks, Tanagana and maybe Parrot all on the same team in a couple seasons.

And people dismiss the academy as a nothing investment.......should have just bought Declan Rice for 60M

:mourfacepalm:

Skipp was one that I genuinely thought could do a job for us in midfield even this season, given his attributes and preferred defensive position. Hopefully he does so well at Norwich that we can't ignore him for any longer when he returns.

Skipp was one that I genuinely thought could do a job for us in midfield even this season, given his attributes and preferred defensive position. Hopefully he does so well at Norwich that we can't ignore him for any longer when he returns.

Might have been very slightly better for us to keep him than to let him get a loan, in the short term. A fucklot better for the player and for him and us in the long term that he gets to go out and be an important player at a reasonable level.

It appears as though Norwich played a 4-2-3-1 formation (with Skipp one of the Central midfield 2, obviously...) look familiar??
Wouldn't be surprised if the choice of club was deliberate, cos of the formation they play... and Skipp's ability to slot into that formation.

Back
Top Bottom