Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm convinced he could go on to become England's best midfielder. He sees the game in the way the top midfielders do. He sees when something bad might be about to happen and sees the opportunity to start something good. Very polished technically as well.

I'm convinced he could go on to become England's best midfielder. He sees the game in the way the top midfielders do. He sees when something bad might be about to happen and sees the opportunity to start something good. Very polished technically as well.
Fiver says he goes the way of Carroll, Mason, Holtby etc and ends up nowhere.

Assume we can get him back, if we suffer injuries?

Allegedly, Norwich are paying over £1 million in loan fees for young Skippy (see my post linked below).

Hopefully, DL put a recall at Xmas clause in there, which sets out the financials.

I'm glad he's started well at Norwich, but I wish we'd sold Sissoko (who is most definitely not a CM in a Mourinho side, as Jose said himself), and kept Skipp in our first team squad.

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/oliver-skipp.27499/page-42#post-2426743

Glad we got to savour the £100,000,000 talents of Højbjerg, Sissoko and Ndombélé, and didn't have to put up with man of the match academy graduate Oliver Skipp.

Saw him concede possession twice. Shit. Sell.

In all seriousness, he may not have been massively creative, but he did his job. Read and dealt with a number of dangerous situations and popped up box to box. Won tackles and broke up play. Please, PLEASE let us see this lad have a top career with us. I love what I see. Unremarkable maybe, reliable and dependable definitely. It's what Kante did for a few years to earn all the plaudits. Lets hope Skippy is that player soon.

Back
Top Bottom