Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the perfect loan for Skipp - he's at a club competing for promotion, he plays every match - as much as I want a DM backup in January, Skipp needs to stay the season.

One of my best pals is Norwich and he just whatsapp'd me the below when I asked how's he doing ...

"Runs the game. Makes the right decision most of the time. Looks to go forward instead of back unless no option. A leader."

This boy is gonna be a general.

We're set for the next 3 years with our front 6, including depth wise. Need to focus on our back 4.

And let's not make the mistake this time of sitting idle. Recycle.

Prime candidates are dele, winks, sissoko, alderwereld (need a replacement soon, as great as he is). In enough time Lucas and Bale. Etc. Point Is to keep greasing the wheels of the tottenham machine, even if we do (knock on wood) achieve greatness this and or next season.

Tough game for Skipp today, looked great as Norwich eased to a 3-0 lead then had to battle like feck when they were reduced to 10 men and it quickly became 3-2 ... with all three Norwich attackers subbed off Skipp was trusted to play the full 90 minutes in a vital win that keeps Norwich top ...

The championship is not the EPL, however that said Skipp is taking his chance well, nailed on starter for Norwich and in many fans eyes there second best player after Pukki.

Sounds like this loan is doing what it's intended to do for him. Getting experience and game time and helping his development.

Mourinho said he was a future Spurs captain which is a big call but he's not usually one for hyperbole about players so clearly Skipp has shown him something in his character that suggests he has leadership skills.

This loan will do wonders for Skipp. If there’s one thing that I think will translate well from the Championship to PL it’s the grit required every week. He’s learning to put in some real tough tackles and run a team for 90 minutes. Invaluable experience and much better than going to a relegation PL side and getting 30 minutes here and there.

This loan will do wonders for Skipp. If there’s one thing that I think will translate well from the Championship to PL it’s the grit required every week. He’s learning to put in some real tough tackles and run a team for 90 minutes. Invaluable experience and much better than going to a relegation PL side and getting 30 minutes here and there.
Also valuable to be in a team that is winning a lot. Will build the winning mentality that players need to push for titles. Don't want to send a kid to a rubbish team who loses most weeks. Would be demoralising, especially if they aren't playing often.

We shouldn't take him back.

He needs to experience Champo football in May.
Not to mention that if we recall him in January without lets say an injury crisis to justify it it may sour relationships with Norwich. Let Skipp play a full season with them and they will probably be okay with taking another youth on loan next season (PL status pending of course).

A year at Norwich hopefully winning promotion will do skip the world of good! I think we have a player in the making and Jose was right about the future captain

Also valuable to be in a team that is winning a lot. Will build the winning mentality that players need to push for titles. Don't want to send a kid to a rubbish team who loses most weeks. Would be demoralising, especially if they aren't playing often.
Great point. So many young players flop due to confidence issues rather than a lack of ability.
Sessegnon for example had a fantastic season for Fulham in the Champ then was getting beaten week in and week out in the EPL.
Then he joined us and ironically we then began getting bad results.

Exactly and thanks for pointing that out. I was trying to get around to that in my post!

:adesalute:

Wow second to only Krul and Aarons in minutes player for the Championship leaders. :auriergrin:

Back
Top Bottom