Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he needs to stay at Norwich for the rest of the season. He'll learn so much more there playing every week than he will being played in rotation and sitting on the bench here. We do have a lot of fixtures, but the long term benefits of him staying there outweigh the short term benefits of bringing him back early in my opinion.

I think he needs to stay at Norwich for the rest of the season. He'll learn so much more there playing every week than he will being played in rotation and sitting on the bench here. We do have a lot of fixtures, but the long term benefits of him staying there outweigh the short term benefits of bringing him back early in my opinion.
Jose said more or less the same thing last week.

Selfishly he wants to bring Oliver back. But he knows that it will benefit him more to finish the season at Norwich.

Cantwell is still there tho :wanyama:

Hitchen definitely isn't there for Skipp.

Itd be a wasted trip.

Wonder if we have our eye on other talent (Aarons, Cantwell, Buendia etc)

Kid needs to learn to protect himself and stop exposing himself to nasty challenges.

Hopefully he develops enough to earn siginificant first team minutes next season, backing up PEH and/or in-place of sissoko when we need to boardup the front porch

Looks the real deal and totally ready to start for us next season.
Revealing a new aspect of his game every week it seems. His long range passing has been on show the last few weeks.

Went from a cheap PEH imitation to a Declan Rice sort of box to box CM to Kalvin Phillps style long range passing from deep. Apparently, he's also very consistent.

Maybe he'll start scoring next week.

I'm happy he's doing well. But I'm worried fans are setting him up to be a Luka Modric type signing. He's still very young, and these performances are still the championship after all.

Good news in any case. But we absolutely must be patient with this lad next season.

Back
Top Bottom