One game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have been there for a few of the big ones over the years. 9-0 vs Bristol Rovers, 0-7 vs Liverpool at Anfield, 9-1 vs Wigan etc. The best 0-0 ever was Southampton away at the Dell to get promotion back to Div 1. However, the 4-3 loss to Inter at the San Siro will stay with me for ever. I was the only Yid in the 'family section' right in the corner where Bale made all three runs to score. I couldn't have been better placed if i tried (even if i only ended there because i clicked the wrong tier when i booked the ticket - meant to get one in the upper but bought one in the lower!). I kept fairly Schtumm for the first Bale goal but celebrated the other two wildly! To be fair to the Inter fans they gave me no ag, i think they just saw me as some sort of 'nutter'. Personally it wouldn't surprise me if we had 10k there that night.

You numpty, haha. :avblol:
Everyone who couldnt get a ticket in the away end bought into the orange section, apart from a couple of nutters (Pardon the pun) it kicked off a couple of times in the blue section from what I saw too.
Also, you are right. I was a bit conservative with my 7,000 yids estimate. It could of been way more. Best away support (numbers wise) i've seen.

You numpty, haha. :avblol:
Everyone who couldnt get a ticket in the away end bought into the orange section, apart from a couple of nutters (Pardon the pun) it kicked off a couple of times in the blue section from what I saw too.
Also, you are right. I was a bit conservative with my 7,000 yids estimate. It could of been way more. Best away support (numbers wise) i've seen.

I know! There were a few 'offs' in the Blue section - i had a perfect view from where i was!

There were 5200 'official' Yids there, then half (?) a block to their left (upper Red) at least a whole block in the Orange plus plenty of loons like me in their 1s, 2s & 3s dotted about all over the place.

I met 4 fellas that left at 3-0 at the train station at 4.00am the next morning, they hadnt booked a hotel room so they had just 'wandered about'. Ridiculous. Maybe not as ridiculous as me that paid £90 for a room & never set foot in it as i got waylaid by a club on the way back to the hotel!

I'm about to pass out, so I certainly won't be able to put it as eloquently as yours, but the West Ham game last late winter really stands out in my mind. We were in solid positioning for Champs League, but our rivals had all won their games that weekend, and being the Monday game we therefore needed a result. There isn't much more West Ham fans dream about than denying us our goals. So of course, they were up for it with saturating the internet with banter before the game reaching the chance they had. After proceeding to go up 2-1 late in the second half, their fans were as raucous with delight as I had ever seen them. I couldn't believe my eyes. After all our work, after that December turnaround from a relatively weak fall semester, did it really come to this? Losing at fucking West Ham?

And then Gylfi scored a very determined, scrappy goal. Their players collapse to the ground in exasperation, and their fans reel from their pain while ours fill East London with delight. For a few minutes, we press on but West Ham's cloggers hold firm. I'm thinking surely we've not come this far for even a draw. Surely Gylfi's goal of grit was spelled in the stars somewhere in a constellation that spelled out an ancient word for "comeback."

It's nearly stoppage time.And then our flying Welsh Wizard, in his new central role, collects the ball at midfield. He surges forward and distributes the ball, only to be felled by a desperate tackle from Winston Reid, who clearly had been watching our game films and as such clearly had no intention of playing the ball. I, and Bale, turn upon Webb in disgust. Little Tom looks at Bale, he gets back up, receives the ball, turns toward goal, puts two touches on the ball around his defender, and pulls the trigger...

My living room turns into a pandemonium of such proportions that hell itself could only envy. That goal was absolutely spectacular. The ball's flight was just unlike anything I would've guessed after it came off his foot. Through the thin slits of my ecstasy-ridden eyes I managed to see Bale leaping into the arms of the manager, which became the cornerstone of a pyramid of jubilant Spurs. Such an awesome sight, such an awesome result in the context of our season goals. When I think of that moment, despite coming up just short of that goal in the end, it makes it all worth the disappointment from the hopes for me. Just an incredible moment to even be alive.

God bless those boys of lillywhite.
Call that a West Ham game?
This is a West Ham game...

Inter at home.

Park Lane, front row, 15-20 seats to the right of the goal.

Bale had just skinned Maicon for the umpteenth time in a row. I watched him stare up into the cold dark night and puff all the air out of his lungs with the look of a man who knew he was done.

"Taxi for Maicon".

It wasn't so much because we were playing the CL champions, it was the atmosphere and camaraderie, I've never heard the lane as noisy before on since.

There's something quite special about being that close to the goal at touchline level as well - I remember catching VdV eye (emmmmm) as he wheeled away after slotting home and of course, being able to read Maicons thoughts. Something unique.
Probably sticks out in my mind as well of games i've been to, was sat in a pretty much identical spot to you and I vividly remember Bale rampaging towards our end before tucking it in.. It's definitely up there in my favourite moments!

Back
Top Bottom