One Hotspur: Worst Player of the Season???

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One Hotspur: Worst Player of the Season???

• Total voters
I do think Ade should have been better for us so far but honestly I don't think uncommon. He was signed late, and had no preseason. He had a series of injuries early in the year, and even when he came back he wasn't at full force. He then has the AFCON and gets screwed over (by my understanding) by Togo and picks up an injury. Then he runs into a patch of bad form. All disappointing but honestly not uncommon. In his past few performances he has been much better. He has showed the effort, and the goals have been coming in. A goal is a goal. Being in the right place at the right time is a calling of a good striker.

I voted for BAE. I think Ade has been the most disappointing but with reason. I don't see the same reason for BAE. BAE had an injury that made him miss half the year. Parker came back around the same time as him, yet Parker's performances have continually gotten better, while BAE's have not. I've seen 100% effort from Parker and good effort from Ade, but BAE i haven't seen it. I do think he will be replaced in the summer.

Those saying Dempsey, i disagree. Be aware, i'm American, and i have a huge bias. Dempsey saved us at United and saved us at Basel just at the top of my head. Dempsey was more a squad quantity rather than squad quality. At the deadline day, Levy looked at our team and saw Defoe and Ade and no one else. He looked at Dempsey saw a player than would go all out and score those hustle goals. I hoped Dempsey would be a big player at this club, but i accept that he isn't and won't be. I expect he will move on in the summer, but Levy will make money on him. Dempsey gave us depth at CAM/ST, hustle his ass off, score a few goals, and make us money. Honestly, I don't see that being a bad season.

Thing that annoys me most about BAE and Adebayor, despite them performing terribly this season, is their lack of passion and their disgusting attitude. They couldn't care less about the club. They know they're getting paid at the end of the week, so why should they care?

Such a shame too, because they could both be fantastic players…

Has to be Gallas for me. Was actually quite pleased with the signing and he's done a job for us.

This season he started off with a good game here and there accompanied with shit...well now it's just shit every week. I think his time is up with us. Time for the MLS perhaps?

A few names for you: Paolo Tamezzani. Kazuyiki Toda. David Kerslake. Ramon Vega. Gary Doherty. Moussa Saib. Johnny Jackson. Helder Postiga. Dean Austin. Mbuleo Mabizela and the amazing Stuart Nethercott. Anyone can better those, hat's off to ya!

I actually voted for BAE. Unlike Ade and Dempsey I'm not entirely convinced he's been trying all season.

Why not?

The only reasons I have heard so far are pretty much assumptions and accusations of him not shouting, swearing, displaying physical aggression or committing enough risky tackles (!!!). All of which as obvious gibberish, naturally (in particular the tackling bit!).

Why not?

The only reasons I have heard so far are pretty much assumptions and accusations of him not shouting, swearing, displaying physical aggression or committing enough risky tackles (!!!). All of which as obvious gibberish, naturally (in particular the tackling bit!).

He's completed 74% of his his passes over the season, 67% vs. Liverpool and 66% against Fulham. We know, patently, that he can do better than that. Ade has been pretty limp as a finisher but he's put himself about a lot and harried for the ball and suchlike. BAE just looks languid, like he doesn't give a shit any more.

I don't think he looks particular languid. I think he looks like BAE.

Despite being poor by his own standards he has been out for just about half our games this season - and i still better than the back up options.

The slagging he got coming on against Basel was a disgrace. Kyle Naughton he had replaced hardly made himself look like Roberto Carlos earlier that game, now did he?

Gallas has been awful this season. As bad as he is with pace / athleticism / general fitness, he isn't making up for any of it with his supposed strengths. Even with his experience he finds himself out of position and unable to recover, his wild swinging at crosses have rarely resulted in a clearance but more often result in more problems for us, and as much as he is supposed to be considered a leader I don't think he deals with pressure too well, and considering the pressure he puts himself under...he's struggling in all aspects of his game.

Has to be Adebayor, been absolutely woeful all season, seems to have a complete lack of interest as well. As soon as the guy secures a contract he doesn't give a shit, and the cheek to grin after he missed his penalty.
Saying that, dempsey has been very ineffectual too, but to be fair he's played in his favoured position about once all season.

Back
Top Bottom