One Hotspur: Worst Player of the Season???

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One Hotspur: Worst Player of the Season???

• Total voters
I do think Ade should have been better for us so far but honestly I don't think uncommon. He was signed late, and had no preseason. He had a series of injuries early in the year, and even when he came back he wasn't at full force. He then has the AFCON and gets screwed over (by my understanding) by Togo and picks up an injury. Then he runs into a patch of bad form. All disappointing but honestly not uncommon. In his past few performances he has been much better. He has showed the effort, and the goals have been coming in. A goal is a goal. Being in the right place at the right time is a calling of a good striker.

I voted for BAE. I think Ade has been the most disappointing but with reason. I don't see the same reason for BAE. BAE had an injury that made him miss half the year. Parker came back around the same time as him, yet Parker's performances have continually gotten better, while BAE's have not. I've seen 100% effort from Parker and good effort from Ade, but BAE i haven't seen it. I do think he will be replaced in the summer.

Those saying Dempsey, i disagree. Be aware, i'm American, and i have a huge bias. Dempsey saved us at United and saved us at Basel just at the top of my head. Dempsey was more a squad quantity rather than squad quality. At the deadline day, Levy looked at our team and saw Defoe and Ade and no one else. He looked at Dempsey saw a player than would go all out and score those hustle goals. I hoped Dempsey would be a big player at this club, but i accept that he isn't and won't be. I expect he will move on in the summer, but Levy will make money on him. Dempsey gave us depth at CAM/ST, hustle his ass off, score a few goals, and make us money. Honestly, I don't see that being a bad season.

Thing that annoys me most about BAE and Adebayor, despite them performing terribly this season, is their lack of passion and their disgusting attitude. They couldn't care less about the club. They know they're getting paid at the end of the week, so why should they care?

Such a shame too, because they could both be fantastic players…

Thing that annoys me most about BAE and Adebayor, despite them performing terribly this season, is their lack of passion and their disgusting attitude. They couldn't care less about the club. They know they're getting paid at the end of the week, so why should they care?

Such a shame too, because they could both be fantastic players…

How enthusiastic are most people about their employers?

Ade was shot at, he saw friends of his shot dead. I imagine he probably doesn't give a shit about what shirt he puts on, that kinda thing will put shit into perspective.
And we all love BAE, so how can we moan about his attitude and admire it at the same time.
Just because we'd happily do what they do for minimum wage and do it till we couldn't stand, doesnt mean they'll do the same. They've been doing it since they were probably about 8 years old. Whereas we can only dream.

It's not about the attitude, that's bullshit. Nobody wants to be made to look like a mug in front of thousands of people. Talking about a lack of passion is such bullshit.
If adebayor misses a sitter, do you think the rest of the squad, AVB, etc will all just laugh it off after? Of course they won't. If BAE is at fault for a goal, he'll get it in the neck.

Are you saying that a lawyer who's job it is to defend a peadophile is going to turn up in court and show passion and shit? No, he's doing it to put food on the table for his family.

Ade was shot at, he saw friends of his shot dead. I imagine he probably doesn't give a shit about what shirt he puts on, that kinda thing will put shit into perspective.
And we all love BAE, so how can we moan about his attitude and admire it at the same time.
Just because we'd happily do what they do for minimum wage and do it till we couldn't stand, doesnt mean they'll do the same. They've been doing it since they were probably about 8 years old. Whereas we can only dream.

It's not about the attitude, that's bullshit. Nobody wants to be made to look like a mug in front of thousands of people. Talking about a lack of passion is such bullshit.
If adebayor misses a sitter, do you think the rest of the squad, AVB, etc will all just laugh it off after? Of course they won't. If BAE is at fault for a goal, he'll get it in the neck.
I think by 'passion' he means on the field - how much effort the players put in to get a result for the team. The argument with the Togo incident doesn't run through with me at all. Would that go anyway to explaining why in some games he runs his socks off and in others he literally looks like he'd rather be somewhere else? As we saw in the game against Woolwich, he looked too fired up and made a silly tackle that cost us the game. That sort of thing can happen to anyone, but Adebayor seems to fluctuate his effort levels too many times for my liking.

A few names for you: Paolo Tamezzani. Kazuyiki Toda. David Kerslake. Ramon Vega. Gary Doherty. Moussa Saib. Johnny Jackson. Helder Postiga. Dean Austin. Mbuleo Mabizela and the amazing Stuart Nethercott. Anyone can better those, hat's off to ya!

Yeah, only won us the first 3 points at old trafford for 20 something years and almost put us through in a European away quarter final...

Christ sake, is this a proper spurs forum or should we rename this place "The paxton"

yes it was great, how he did those things, but what else? :gallashmm:

I voted for BAE, and Walker is definitely up there. We need to do something about our full-backs in the summer. Ignoring the lack of a solid striker, I feel it a massive weakness for this team. I believe Walker can do the business again for us, as he's still young, but he does need a kick up the backside.

but weve got to consider how much games walker has been playing :walkerwtf:
the lad's been beaten into a pulp :walker:

Are you saying that a lawyer who's job it is to defend a peadophile is going to turn up in court and show passion and shit? No, he's doing it to put food on the table for his family.

That's Ade's problem. He doesnt give a shit about what shirt he puts on, and that is not justifiable.
Just think about that cheeky smile after the penalty.
and dispite benny's carefree attitude outside the pitch, I think that he is pretty hardworking during games

And i think passion is very important, especially for clubs like us.
How do you think it's possible to overcome the gooners or the get the CL ticket without passion?
The game is about glory, and the game without passion for glory is bullshit.

And that analogy is totally irrelevant here.
The lawyer could have been forcefully complied to defend the pedo out of the need of money, but as for Ade, he had a contract at MC, but he chose to be part of the Spurs.
He should be showing passion.

A few names for you: Paolo Tamezzani. Kazuyiki Toda. David Kerslake. Ramon Vega. Gary Doherty. Moussa Saib. Johnny Jackson. Helder Postiga Dean Austin. Mbuleo Mabizela and the amazing Stuart Nethercott. Anyone can better than, hat's off to ya!

I dont know what to say:memeokay:
you got me there at Toda and Postiga
How do you even remeber all these... memorable players ??:avbcringe:
????

Naughton, for making us all believe he is some bright up and coming full back, when he is in fact a 24 year old who is going no where. For some of our fans to criticise Walker, when we have this Championship class player at LB or RB is ridiculous.

Raped by Salah, Walcott and anyone else able to muster a sprint faster than Hudd.

Back
Top Bottom