Other clubs you have a soft spot for

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Villa.

My step-father in laws team, he was tragically killed in an accident in 2007 and was a Villa fan. Martin O'Neill sent a hand-written letter of condolence which is buried with him.

Olympiacos FC.

My dad took me to his homeland when I was 11. Up until then all I knew was Rugby League.

Some years later, my cousin took me to watch Spurs here in Sydney for an exhibition game, and loved em ever since.

I don’t like any Football teams. I don’t even like Spurs - I love them whilst also hating them for boiling my piss.

To that end, the team I hate second least are probably Southampton. They’re obviously dickheads, but I loved Le Tissier, so liked to watch him play.

Hibernian - my grandad's team. Went and watched them a lot when I lived in Edinburgh.
Cardiff City - my hometown. I used to go along when I was a kid, £3 at the door to get in in Division Three (the arse end of Division Three, that is).

For me I’ll always have a soft spot for Marine AFC. Also for long time listeners of TFC I guess we’re all fans of Gilport Lions FC, formerly known as Botswana Meat Commission FC.
From the latest Trust newsletter.

Marine presentation
Rob White represented the THST Board at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on 18 March when Marine fan group The Crosender Way presented a thank you award for the fundraising efforts of Spurs fans after our behind-closed-doors FA Cup tie against the non-League side two years ago.

Due to the money raised, Marine AFC has been able to fast forward its 10-year plan in the past year. Among the things achieved are:
  • Updating a lounge at Marine’s stadium with a modern kitchen and TVs and additional seating; something that will allow the Club to operate a source of revenue seven days a week. The outside has a flagged patio area with additional outdoor seating.
  • Modernising the main function room, allowing the club to generate more income.
  • Moving on with plans to install a 3G football pitch for Marine’s teams and the local community to enjoy all year round.
  • Advancing plans to include a roof and seats for the Crosender Road stand.
  • Employing eight full-time members of hospitality staff.
  • Employing a full-time general manager to oversee the operations of the Club’s day-to-day business and hospitality.
  • Employing a full-time admin officer to oversee other areas of the football club.
  • Employing a scout and additional members of the coaching staff for the men’s first team.
  • Improving equipment and transport for the men’s, U23’s and women’s teams.
In addition, a number of players are now under contract and the Club has made its first player signing involving a transfer fee since 1995.

The charity side to Marine AFC has been able to offer more events to the Crosby and wider community, including a heavily subsidised Wednesday Cafe afternoon, line dancing classes and yoga, while still providing free lunches delivered by volunteers.

Once again, a big thank you to every Spurs fan who contributed. Your efforts have really made a permanent difference.

QPR
local team as I grew up in Ladbroke Grove.

Fulham
Worked at Craven Cottage in my teens and always wanted them to do well.

Sheffield Wednesday
Always liked them as a kid for some reason.

For me I’ll always have a soft spot for Marine AFC. Also for long time listeners of TFC I guess we’re all fans of Gilport Lions FC, formerly known as Botswana Meat Commission FC.

Swansea City since they were the closest club near me growing up. I went to see them a few times.

Miss Vetch Field it had an amazing atmosphere. The new ground on the other hand is a soulless husk shared with a fucking rugby club and built on a dead retail park.

TPS (Turun Palloseura) - Finland.
My girlfriends hometown club.

Fulham.
First proper game I saw live, vs Luton at Craven Cottage.
Shook hands with Mohamed Al-Fayed, Rufus Brevett, Chris Coleman & Gus Uhlenbeek.
They lost 1-3. Their only home defeat of the season as they won the 2nd division with over 100 points.
Good day out for a 13/14 year old kid and will always keep an eye on their results, even if without any emotional attachment.

It was a few years later before I got a job, earned some money and got my cursed arse over to White Hart Lane.

Back
Top Bottom