Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Noticed that Dunfermline play their first friendly on Saturday. It is still June. I suppose their cup competition starts before the League games. That will be why. But June. Far too early.

They have Messi, Aguerro and Di Maria up front at the moment. How have they never won anything?
So poorly managed. Also, perhaps over reliant on Messi, in the past the strategy has been pass it to him but if he is doubled up on, unlike at Barca they simply don’t have the ability elsewhere.

Funny reading Twitter and all the Argie people I follow raised eyebrows at Foyth playing at RB and then Lo Celso coming on both these players contributing to this result! There is so little faith in this team and whoever manages it.

A tap in but a good run from deep

Been away for a couple of days and am just catching up with some recorded games. Starting with the Argentina v The Rondon/ todd1882 todd1882 team. Fuck me what a pile of wank this game was.

People who groan about Eriksen's performances this season, should watch Messi for Argentina to see how easy it is for talented players to look less than wonderful when playing in badly functioning teams.

Really not sure what Foyth gave this team as a RB? Or why Lo Celso didn't start, or why he switched from the 433 to the 4312, but none of these things improved them. Luckily for Argentina, the Rondon team were equally devoid of ideas.

Sidestepping the Eriksen comparison....

If the typical critique of Argentina is that it's a team built around Messi... Of all people, why should HE get a pass? (Genuinely baffled by this for years now tbh...)

it was a gimmicked attempt by the club to capitalize on the Swedish summer to draw some extra people to the stadium. Make it an all day affair with a market in the city centre, the stadium open all day serving drinks and food and such.

Did end up drawing their biggest gate of the season but I don't think they will repeat it.

Back
Top Bottom