Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t want City to win the League because financial doping is cheating.

I don’t want Liverpool to win the League because they’re Liverpool.

Ever since the Fergie days, I have always relished seeing United lose.

I feel very conflicted.

It makes City's, like Chelsea's, success completely irrelevant and hollow.

But do not forget Liverpool also have spend a fuck ton of money and are also suddenly competing for trophies.

D48a2-gXsAETrRz
Separated at birth...

En66JyG.jpg

Nobody gives a flying fuck about ManCity and their fans where Liverpool and their fans are fucking unbearable if they get a sniff off success.
It's not that black and white for me anymore. Recency bias and all that, but I'm disgusted by the very nature of all this shit.

It's not that black and white for me anymore. Recency bias and all that, but I'm disgusted by the very nature of all this shit.

So do I and that's simply why I cannot take clubs like City, Chelsea and even PSG seriously anymore.

They are "made" top teams thanks to someone else's money. They haven't done shit on their own strenght.

This is why I take zero pleasure from City winning the EPL.
It's financial doping and basically means Spurs can never win the EPL while it is allowed to continue.

There is another possible outcome; City win title upon title and the EPL becomes like the SPL and Ligue 1. All the money gets sucked out as global audiences switch to the Spanish and German leagues, and the FA/PL are forced to instigate change.

If Man City don’t win it every season then the league remains “exciting” and “unpredictable”, meaning the powers than be have no reason to curtail City’s unrestrained and unsustainable level of spending.

I don’t want City to win the League because financial doping is cheating.

I don’t want Liverpool to win the League because they’re Liverpool.

Ever since the Fergie days, I have always relished seeing United lose.

I feel very conflicted.
I don't. Ever since I grew up (mid 2000's) United have always battled it out against the Chavs, Woolwich or City for the title, so I always considered them the least evil. In the Ferguson days, I would take Man U to win the title over those teams any day of the year.

So do I and that's simply why I cannot take clubs like City, Chelsea and even PSG seriously anymore.

They are "made" top teams thanks to someone else's money. They haven't done shit on their own strenght.
Yeh but we can't really ignore them, can we? We are competing against them and forming rivalries and history with them. It becomes more real and serious with each passing year and each trophy they win, and the more smug and entitled they get.

I don't. Ever since I grew up (mid 2000's) United have always battled it out against the Chavs, Woolwich or City for the title, so I always considered them the least evil. In the Ferguson days, I would take Man U to win the title over those teams any day of the year.
not much parity left sadly. the gap is widening faster and further

Back
Top Bottom