Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the proof in that?

Both of these play off semi final ties have been brilliant and anything but cagey and dull.

Proof? This is one game, Totti....

What I've described is the whole reason it was brought in to begin with.

Fulham vs. Brentford should be great.

3rd vs. 4th. Either team COULD have got promoted on the final day of the season if results had gone their way.

Brentford beat Fulham twice in the league home and away without conceding.

Proof? This is one game, Totti....

What I've described is the whole reason it was brought in to begin with.

Brentford vs. Swansea was even better. There's two.

Most play off semi finals are great entertainment. Leeds vs. Derby last season was one of the best games I've seen.

The away goal rule if anything just invites defensive negative boring football.

Brentford vs. Swansea was even better. There's two.

Most play off semi finals are great entertainment. Leeds vs. Derby last season was one of the best games I've seen.

My comment refers to all 2-leg ties..... Why get pre-occupied with the play-offs; they're certainly not central to my preference....

The away goal rule if anything just invites defensive negative boring football.

I don't agree.

My comment refers to all 2-leg ties..... Why get pre-occupied with the play-offs; they're certainly not central to my preference....

Because the only two legged tie I can think of at a high level that doesn't include the awful away goals rule in some capacity are the play offs...

Because the only two legged tie I can think of at a high level that doesn't include the awful away goals rule in some capacity are the play offs...

Well the play-offs are a precursor to the so-called richest game in football; so it's not suprising that teams often - but not always - go for it (they're also assured to be of the most evenly matched cup ties you're likely to see), but think for a moment about the kind of shit-fest the European cups would be without it...

Last edited:
Well the play-offs are a precursor to the so-called richest game in football; so it's not suprising that teams often -but not always - go for it (they're also assured to be of the most evenly matched cup ties you're likely to see), but think for a moment about the kind of shit-fest the European cups would be without it...

I don't see why having no away goal rule would make games any less exciting?

It stops an awful team getting absolutely battered for 90 minutes, only to then sneak an own goal off the back of the sub left backs arse and go through on away goals...

I don't see why having no away goal rule would make games any less exciting?

It stops an awful team getting absolutely battered for 90 minutes, only to then sneak an own goal off the back of the sub left backs arse and go through on away goals...

What can I say; there's 2 sides to the coin. I've explained my view above (It encourages the home team to press home their home advantage)... No point me trying to hammer you with it.

Very happy with one of Brentford or Fulham going up. On the possibly erroneous assumption that away fans might be allowed at all next season, Brentford would be interesting as a new stadium... although Griffin Park would have been immense. Fulham would see a better allocation and it would be nice for Scotty P to get them back up from the Ranieri relegation fodder he inherited.

Somewhat related to us, PSG beats Lyon in penalties in the Coupe de la Ligue final which means Lyon misses out and Reims gets the spot in Europa League next season with us.

This is also the first time since 1993 Lyon misses out on European competition, pretty crazy. Edit: Unless Lyon wins the Champions League this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom