Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
bus-conductor bus-conductor

What did you think of Guirassy? Or were you too busy sucking your wife's toes to keep two eyes on the TV?

I just sucked one foot and kept one eye on the game. He's a package for sure, big, robust, but mobile and technically pretty decent, he's a handful for defenders and he cause Marseille's CB's some problems. He didn't exactly shine in this game, but it was a pretty tough game to shine in. Two years younger than Niang too.

This Guimaraes looks interesting. A tenacious looking 6 who can also play a bit, €20 in January?

Only 1 point behind United if we beat them at home next week and 8 matches left to play after that, it's a big if, but it's way too early to say that the 5th place is gone.

If we win there's a chance of 5th at best. But We do not have anything (confidence, tactics, belief etc) to beat anyone right now. We could not beat Norwich or wolves at home, what makes you think we will best United. Isn't going to happen. Even if we get a draw, we cannot build a run of results. United and Chelsea seem to be able to produce results right now. We don't. Not for a long time. Not won since son got injured and even then it was a massive slice of luck. A gap like 4 points when we cannot even win a game right now is massive...

Last edited:
I just sucked one foot and kept one eye on the game. He's a package for sure, big, robust, but mobile and technically pretty decent, he's a handful for defenders and he cause Marseille's CB's some problems. He didn't exactly shine in this game, but it was a pretty tough game to shine in. Two years younger than Niang too.
I finished watching it this evening. I think he would be a great option for us to have.

I dug out a Rennes v Lyon game from last season during the week. Ndombele was on the right side of a midfield diamond. Fuck me, Lyon had some team last season. Anyway, Niang was playing as a LWF, and he wasn't half bad at it.

I want us in the EL.....

I like watching us play football matches.

it's literally 2 more games than the CL and we should be looking to win it.

if Chelsea/Atletico/Sevilla/United and the likes aren't too big to win it then we shouldn't turn our noses up at it.

For those teams they always have the money and squad to go far, we need UCL to even attract anyone half decent then have the money from the competition to pay for it. We cannot go from the final of of the UCL and those home games singing..... ("oh what a night...watching Tottenham on a Tuesday/Wednesday night, you play Thursday cos your fucking shite") to actually playing Thursday night. I can't even begin to fucking imagine.

If we win there's a chance of 5th at best.
Exactly, 4 points behind United with 9 matches to go and we play them next week at home so it's way too early to say that fifth is gone - it's not like we are chasing Bayern Munich, obviously it's gonna be a tall order.

The league is probably the only thing we can concentrate on after this week; no cups, probably no European football.

Last edited:
I finished watching it this evening. I think he would be a great option for us to have.

I need to see a bit more of him. He's never been a prolific scorer, but he has played mostly for struggling teams (Cologne and Amiens).

I dug out a Rennes v Lyon game from last season during the week. Ndombele was on the right side of a midfield diamond. Fuck me, Lyon had some team last season. Anyway, Niang was playing as a LWF, and he wasn't half bad at it.

Genesio really didn't get the best out of that squad. Garcia was another really fucking unambitious appointment.

Cornet has been playing in that position for a while, you know.

I'm not watching it. Will catch up on it in a day or 2.

Lively fucker, isn't he? On loan, I believe.

I've not watched loads of Lyon lately. What exactly is Ekambi ? I've just watched 90 minutes of him and still not sure?

For those teams they always have the money and squad to go far, we need UCL to even attract anyone half decent then have the money from the competition to pay for it. We cannot go from the final of of the UCL and those home games singing..... ("oh what a night...watching Tottenham on a Tuesday/Wednesday night, you play Thursday cos your fucking shite") to actually playing Thursday night. I can't even begin to fucking imagine.
The important thing is that we have satisfied one of those conditions. But that leaves the hard work of actually finishing high enough to qualify for Europa in order to satisfy the other condition. Sing with me:

Oh what a night...
Spurs in Baku on a Thursday night...
We played Tuesdays/Wednesdays but we lost the right...
Zero net spend...what a night.

See? Still works a treat. That's how you know it was a classic.

I need to see a bit more of him. He's never been a prolific scorer, but he has played mostly for struggling teams (Cologne and Amiens).
It's his all-round game that I am so impressed by. He gets next to no service at Amiens, anyway. Mind you, the commentator for the Marseille game did say that he lacks a little subtlety when he headed against the crossbar from 3 yards out (not quite sure what he meant by that). Earlier in the game, he said that he has perhaps found his level at Amiens (which I think is a crock of fucking shit).
Genesio really didn't get the best out of that squad.
Looking at the squad they had, you can sing it.
Garcia was another really fucking unambitious appointment.
Well, it's hard to see him lasting much longer. The Bad Gones will not go quietly into the night.
I've not watched loads of Lyon lately. What exactly is Ekambi ?
I don't know. I have seen him paired with Dembele a few times, but I think he can operate wide, too.

I want us in the EL.....

if Chelsea/Atletico/Sevilla/United and the likes aren't too big to win it then we shouldn't turn our noses up at it.
Don't forget: José would/will go hell for leather in it for the additional chance of silverwear.

I want us in the EL.....

If we are in it I'd love us to take it seriously. To me, only the CL & PL are bigger trophies to win.

The thing that really annoys me about the EL is that there are CL dropouts in there, I think this is one of the reasons that a lot of teams and fans don't really rate the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom