Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Union - Bayern game is pretty gash.

On a side note, does anyone know if there’s a historical reason as to why Berlin is pretty much the only major European city without a big football club powerhouse? Always wondered why that was.

....Because Berlin as a city has only existed in this form since 1989?

ITV4 showing the England v Scotland game, from 1996 Euros. Only survivors from Italia 90 were Gazza and Stuart Pearce. Anderton and Sheringham playing, also Durie and Calderwood for Scotland. Scotland definitely had the first half, but Shearer has just scored at the start of the second. All I remember from this game was that Seaman saved a penalty and then Gazza went and scored at the other end almost immediately. Looking forward to seeing that.
Brian Moore and Atkinson the commentators.

That was my line of thinking too. Strange that no one has taken a punt by investing in the likes of Heartha to try and make them competitive a la Leipzig.

It is happening (or trying) currently -

I was more referring to why it hadn’t happened historically.

Nice fourth goal for Levrkusen, lovely no look ball from Bellarabi for Demirbay who dinked the keeper.

There's a kid playing as an AM for Leverkusen called Moussa Diaby, who I first mentioned back in 2018 when playing for PSG, this is the first time I've seen him since then and he's been quite lively in this game, very quick but does actually get his head up and has a bit of deftness in his crossing - set up two goals tonight, one from the right after bursting past his FB to the byline and one from the left, again from the byline. Maybe lacking a little bit of physical robustness, worth keeping an eye on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom