Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works plenty against City?

City lose a game or three like that every season.

I don't think so, the most success (which isn;t much because they are so good) comes from teams that can punish them for their defensive errors.

Perhaps if you have the quality to hurt them.

I understand that for most games when 1 team is much better that sitting back and hoping for a goal is a common Cup strategy but I don't think that City is most teams.

Yes 2-0 is good as game over but with the way Newcastle has done zero 1-0 is just as bad because they have zero chance scoring a goal with 18% possession and zero chances.

The reality is that Newcastle is losing this game 99/100 no matter how they play I just see zero chance that they can win letting City have total control and endless chances. Plus, wouldn't you rather go out having attempted to win rather than just hoping and praying? This isn't Newcastle playing strong defense and having solid positioning this is absolute hope and pray stuff from them.

Gale just missed a big chance.

....Then City score.

Micky Grey ref City/Liverpool fixture in reverential tone: "Biiig game" :llorishuh:

At least Woolwich and Chelscum weren't drawn together - now a good chance won't have to suffer either in the final

I've no interest in United being in the final, telling Kane they can still win trophies and have all their wanker media representation building them up.

no, fuck that

City to smash Chelsea in the final please.

I've no interest in United being in the final, telling Kane they can still win trophies and have all their wanker media representation building them up.

no, fuck that

City to smash Chelsea in the final please.
Really? No way, like most Spurs fans my hatred for Chelscum is second only to those interlopers. Sitting through that semi cheering them on... FUCK THAT! In a minority their my friend

Really? No way, like most Spurs fans my hatred for Chelscum is second only to those interlopers. Sitting through that semi cheering them on... fuck that.

Hmmm, Understood but you might feel different if you lived in Dublin and suffered through years of them assuming once we have a good player they've got a right to take him, from Sheringham to Carrick to Berbatov and now Kane, I fucking hate them, and I how they arrogantly assume they should be top.

"We're MAN UNITED" Get fucked...cunts

Gale just missed a big chance.

....Then City score.

The Gayle chance came from them pressuring City forcing the keeper/back 4 to make a mistake. That is what they were not doing in the 1st half.

Of course as you point out City then easily scored the other way. I just think that Bruce would rather come out super conservative and lose 2-0 than try and win and lose 5-0. I guess I can kind of understand the reasoning but in a Cup game I would want my manager to have a little more ambition than trying to limit the scoreline against us so he can spin it to make himself look better after the game.

The Gayle chance came from them pressuring City forcing the keeper/back 4 to make a mistake. That is what they were not doing in the 1st half.

Of course as you point out City then easily scored the other way. I just think that Bruce would rather come out super conservative and lose 2-0 than try and win and lose 5-0. I guess I can kind of understand the reasoning but in a Cup game I would want my manager to have a little more ambition than trying to limit the scoreline against us so he can spin it to make himself look better after the game.

Scoreline doesn't matter; it's all about getting a win.... You won't get it playing suicidal football against (probably) the most free-scoring team in Europe in the name of being seen to have a go.

Why are the two semi finals both scheduled for 3pm on July 18th ?. It's not as though the authorities have travelling fans to worry about and if the kick offs were staggered it would allow currently 'socially distanced' supporters and viewers to watch both games.
Maybe they'll rethink it.

Why are the two semi finals both scheduled for 3pm on July 18th ?. It's not as though the authorities have travelling fans to worry about and if the kick offs were staggered it would allow currently 'socially distanced' supporters and viewers to watch both games.
Maybe they'll rethink it.

They're both at Wembley tho.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom