Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS. He was badly missed.
He was but you can't fault a father's love for his boy apparently. But Brandt came on and within a minute they had two very dangerous chances...both from him. And he didn't bring him on 'til around 70.

FFS. He was badly missed.

This 343 isn't ideal for him though - although he can play as one of the AM/Fwds. Favre likes the sturdiness of of two 6's in there, with two zippy hounds either side of the striker, OK when they are Reus and Sancho, not so good when it's Hazard light.

Dortmund were way to passive first half, got caught napping and before they knew it, they'd fucked the tie. Had a lot of ball second half but didn't really create much.

When Trippier was on the pitch, they were losing 1-0. When he was taken off they won 3-1. Its very similar to when Dier was on the pitch vs Olympiakos we were losing 2-0 and when he gets taken off we won 4-0. Trippier and Dier are both so similar that if someone is obsessed with one of them, he is probably obsessed with the other too. I wonder where we'd find this someone.
tripdier.png

This 343 isn't ideal for him though - although he can play as one of the AM/Fwds. Favre likes the sturdiness of of two 6's in there, with two zippy hounds either side of the striker, OK when they are Reus and Sancho, not so good when it's Hazard light.

Dortmund were way to passive first half, got caught napping and before they knew it, they'd fucked the tie. Had a lot of ball second half but didn't really create much.
I watched the game. I said to Todd previously that Brandt is a risky selection as a CM2, but he is probably their best footballer, right?

The first goal was so fucking soft. And I thought Hummels made a prick of himself for the second.

I've told you this before FFS. And he was responsible for bringing the player out of him...but he's way more direct than BVB actually play. It's ok but not the best fit but daddy ain't gonna bench him it doesn't seem. And you know how I like fat boy.

I have said this to you before; I don't really like how he sets his teams up.
You bitched and whined about fat boy there and i told you when he got Can that's how it would be. they have been much better but when they're 3421 with Sancho roaming and Brandt central-ish.

I have said this to you before; I don't really like how he sets his teams up.

I don't love it either, but I kind of get why he's doing it, with a proactive approach, two attacking FB's, Dortmund were constantly getting fucked up the arse - it's a bit like us with Wanyama/Dembele 16/17 in that 3421 - but now where 442's and 4222's etc are more common it gives you that extra CB body but retains a 5/5.

But it kind of sacrifices Brandt, and I like Brandt a lot. I know he's played loads as an AM/ACM/WF and is just a good intelligent footballer wherever you put him, but I thought he really went up a level as an 8 in Bosz's 433 (with Havertz the other side).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom