Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am relying on what I have I read from other German fans, which could just be sour grapes, but their claim is that a lot of those German players fees are much cheaper than they would be because Bayern gets the players to force their clubs to sell them to Bayern for cheaper or they will walk.

Maybe true, maybe BS and maybe that is the same thing that all clubs do although I haven't seen it, but if you look the prices for their German players from the Bundesliga look fairly low.

There is less money in the Bundesliga. The PL has inflated transfer fees in comparison.

I am relying on what I have I read from other German fans, which could just be sour grapes, but their claim is that a lot of those German players fees are much cheaper than they would be because Bayern gets the players to force their clubs to sell them to Bayern for cheaper or they will walk.

Maybe true, maybe BS and maybe that is the same thing that all clubs do although I haven't seen it, but if you look the prices for their German players from the Bundesliga look fairly low.

Bayern offer players in German three or four times the salary they are on if they will run down their contract and join them on a low transfer fee - been doing it for years.

The proof is in their total salary spend Bayern average 8m a year per player .... the rest of the Bundesliga combined average well below 2.5m a year per player.

If you want to earn big money in the Bundesliga you almost have to play at Bayern Munich ... if you applied the same differential in the EPL you would have City on 8.7m a year then lose Utd, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs, Leicester leaving West Ham and below as the next highest salaries, that's how big the salary gap is in the Bundesliga.

Last edited:
In terms of fees, there's no arguing Bayern have done some smarter business than most of the other uber clubs, but they do have a higher wage bill (270m) than City (267), and only 18m a year less than PSG (289). And that's with Mbappe and Neymar. And they are all dwarfed by RM (369m) and Barca (453m).

They have top players, so logically they’ll have a hefty wage bill. Their transfer business is top class.

Bayern offer players in German three or four times the salary they are on if they will run down their contract and join them on a low transfer fee - been doing it for years.

The proof is in their total salary spend Bayern average 8m a year per player .... the rest of the Bundesliga combined average well below 2.5m a year per player.

If you want to earn big money in the Bundesliga you almost have to play at Bayern Munich ... if you applied the same differential in the EPL you would have City on 8.7m a year then lose Utd, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs, Leicester leaving West Ham and below as the next highest salaries, that's how big the salary gap is in the Bundesliga.

They achieved this by winning and building a global brand over time. Lots of people have issues with City and PSG because they bought their way in and shortened the pathway to elite via money and not performance.

Some pepple bemoaned the final. I mean it's just fcukwittery.

A huge game between 2 potent sides. Do people really think a scoreline of 6 - 4 makes it a great game? It's folly.

The 2 teams have potent attacks but also showed each other respect. Neither team were going to go gung ho. Anyone who thinks different is missing all the factors that contribute to such games.

Best Europeam team of the season won but there are times when Neymar and Mbappe jusr make you say no way.

Last edited:
I just wanna say fuck you PSG. Glad you lost you sportswashing bastards. Plastic club, plastic fans. And fuck you too Neymar you money-grabbing little cheat - leaving Barca to join that souless shite.

Always remember once I had a massive row with a French guy at uni (and this was before the Qatari money) arguing that PSG (established in the 70s!!) were a bigger club than Spurs. Well I hope you enjoyed last night you deluded cunt.

Last edited:
I just wanna say fuck you PSG. Glad you lost you sportswashing bastards. Plastic club, plastic fans. And fuck you too Neymar you money-grabbing little cheat - leaving Barca to join that souless shite.

...And you said it very well, sir. :pochsmirk:

They got Lewandowski from Dortmund. When you can just nick your rivals best player , no wonder things are easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom