Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

West Ham are getting those kind of breaks that a team on a roll get though aren’t they. Lingard is suddenly belting everything he touches into the net, and surely Woolwich were expecting to have time to form a wall for a direct free kick on the edge of their box, the ref just lets them take it?
What favours West Ham right now is not playing in Europe.

When a half-competent side not in Europe, plays a team that's playing in Europe but struggling (Wolves, Leicester in previous recent seasons, Spurs & scum this season) it really shows.

Yeah but people do mistakes, it’s normal. The way you describe it is as if the players are doing mistakes after mistakes. Like last year, Mourinho blamed Ndombele after a half where he wasn’t even the worst player on the pitch. Other players like Dier have done more frequent mistakes and Mourinho kept selecting him. How does that sound to you?
Aurier, Lloris, Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko have all made mistake after mistake this season.
I agree one or two mistakes - that's human but the same players making the same mistakes over and over is something else.

But there is also the question of certain players not putting in the effort. Did you see Hugo's interview? interested to know what you took from it.

that's not acceptable. They are professionals on vast sums of money they shouldn't be allowed to down tools even if the manager is a grade A cunt.
But it's facts and happens to every single team managed by someone that's lost the dressing room. This is what it looks like. Name me one team where this hasn't happened before? Where a team ais running through brick walls for a manger they don't like playing for.

If this wasn't commonplace then they would be no reason to contemplate sacking a manager because the players would be doing what is asked of them and they might be getting results.

Aurier, Lloris, Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko have all made mistake after mistake this season.
I agree one or two mistakes - that's human but the same players making the same mistakes over and over is something else.

But there is also the question of certain players not putting in the effort. Did you see Hugo's interview? interested to know what you took from it.
Exactly, Dier, Sanchez, Doherty, all the fellas you listed in there have done mistakes more frequently and I haven’t heard shit from Mourinho about them. In fact when Aurier made that penalty, forgot who it was against (Leicester maybe?), Mourinho came up saying that it’s not Aurier’s fault that we lost the game.

But then he plays Dele, of whom personally I am not a fan but still, and then he does a flick that ends up with a good chance for Stoke and Mourinho is quick to single him out. Does this sound fair to you?

Exactly, Dier, Sanchez, Doherty, all the fellas you listed in there have done mistakes more frequently and I haven’t heard shit from Mourinho about them. In fact when Aurier made that penalty, forgot who it was against (Leicester maybe?), Mourinho came up saying that it’s not Aurier’s fault that we lost the game.

But then he plays Dele, of whom personally I am not a fan, but still and then he does a trick that ends up with a good chance for Stoke and Mourinho is quick to single him out. Does this sound fair to you?
I'm a big fan of Dele but his attitude has stunk for ages and Jose's tried everything to turn him around.

It wasn't about the touch against Stoke it was about Dele giving zero fucks about football for about 3 seasons now.

West Ham are getting those kind of breaks that a team on a roll get though aren’t they. Lingard is suddenly belting everything he touches into the net, and surely Woolwich were expecting to have time to form a wall for a direct free kick on the edge of their box, the ref just lets them take it?
I must have missed the rule change that states "before a free kick is taken, the attacking team must wait for the defensive team to stop bitching at the ref and get set defensively."

This is like a rule you learn as a 10 year old. If the offensive team asks for a wall, the ref blows the whistle and stops play and sets the wall up. Then blows whistle to restart. Otherwise ball is live, assuming it is stationary and in the correct position.

Anyone that has played should know this.

If we conceded that goal and anyone blamed the ref, they'd be a biased fool.

I'm a big fan of Dele but his attitude has stunk for ages and Jose's tried everything to turn him around.

It wasn't about the touch against Stoke it was about Dele giving zero fucks about football for about 3 seasons now.
Ok so when Mourinho said “I took him off because he put the team in difficult situation and a number 10 doesn’t do that” he actually meant that Dele had a shocking attitude for the last 3 years?

It’s because we’ve got a manager very much like Rennes now have that we need one more like Chelsea now have.
Bruno put the fear of god in Tuchel's PSG with his much less talented Lyon side. It was so bad that Tuchel left the league based on rumors of his celebrated return to the Gallic shores. Everyone knows this BC.

Ok so when Mourinho said “I took him off because he put the team in difficult situation and a number 10 doesn’t do that” he actually meant that Dele had a shocking attitude for the last 3 years?
That would be my take on it yes.
I've pulled my hair out so many times when the ball goes to Dele and he tries a blind flick around a corner, Jose obviously told him to stop doing it and then pulled him up for it. But I think it runs a lot deeper than that one incident for sure.

Dele doesn't even get into the England setup anymore, there is a reason for that.

That would be my take on it yes.
I've pulled my hair out so many times when the ball goes to Dele and he tries a blind flick around a corner, Jose obviously told him to stop doing it and then pulled him up for it. But I think it runs a lot deeper than that one incident for sure.

Dele doesn't even get into the England setup anymore, there is a reason for that.
So how is this going to help Dele have a better attitude lol

But it's facts and happens to every single team managed by someone that's lost the dressing room. This is what it looks like. Name me one team where this hasn't happened before? Where a team ais running through brick walls for a manger they don't like playing for.

If this wasn't commonplace then they would be no reason to contemplate sacking a manager because the players would be doing what is asked of them and they might be getting results.
Hard to argue with that, but its usually the sides like Man Utd, Chelsea where they down tools. And we all usually call those kind of clubs a poisoned chalice full of big time Charlies.

Seems our players want to act like big time Charlies and get the manager sacked just without winning a fucking bean.

Back
Top Bottom