Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems you were in the minority BC? How long between contact with the ball and Chilwells shin do you think there was? In most peoples view (I think) he was just trying to make a clearance. What's your take on tonights incident with Vestergaard on Vardy?

Vesterguard’s a wardrobe. I’ve got the football on but haven’t really paying attention, if I get a look at it later I’ll let you know.

No, but having it and creating fuck all is more control than not having it and creating fuck all.

Second half PSG were like us under Mourinho, and I don’t think you’ve been calling that “control” much?
PSG created chances (Florenzi's shot that hit Veratti, Neymar's shot tipped over the bar, the goal, another header from I think it was Paredes from a corner which went a few inches wide and a cross from M'bappe that was a toe away from I think Veratti(??) and a feeble penalty shout.

City had Foden's chance and a De Bruyn overhead kick that went 6ft over the bar (their goals weren't even chances, they were flukes).

I didn't say PSG had control of the 2nd half, City were the better side, by they didn't take control of the half until they fluked their first goal. From that moment on they controlled the game with and without the ball.

We are still talking small margins, neither side can claim they dominated.

It was 100% a red card

No chance - Vardy is a rat but he was always running away. Vestergaard was late and stretched into him
West Ham player got his card rescinded and there's a high likelihood it will happen again since it was a follow through after passing the ball.

The PGMOL is claiming it was denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity but I wouldn't be shocked if that doesn't hold up in the appeal.

Late?! He got the ball clean as a whistle. How is that late? Vardy was the one who was late.
I’m not sure we’re talking about the same tackle

But assuming it’s the one where the read card incident occurred - It’s not even a debate

Leicester have tough run in. Newcastle fighting for their lives next up, then Man Utd away, then Fa cup final, Chelsea away next and finally Spurs home

West Spam have the easiest run in, it's very possible Chelsea finish 3rd and Spam or even Liverpool 4th.

Leicester drop to 5th and Rodgers reconsiders Levy's offer?

Not worth a bet.
It’s was 1000% the correct call and I’m willing to bet you it won’t be overturned on appeal
the decision not being overturned definitely wouldn’t mean it’s correct.

Do you agree that Vestergaard got to the ball first? Did he use excessive force? Was he out of control?

Could have broken Vardy's ankle. I'm leaning towards saying tough cheese for the Dane.
That's not why he got the red though, he got it for denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity.

So even if you think Vestergaard sliding up Vardy's ankle is a red card it doesn't matter because it isn't why he was sent off.

That's why I think it will get overturned because it was not denial of a clear goal-scoring opportunity (and I think the tackle wasn't a foul either).

Back
Top Bottom