Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've always liked Unai Emery. Had to put it on hold obviously, but he is a first class manager. I thought he was treated like dirt by Dial Square and their idiot fans but it might be that he's better suited to smaller teams punching up.

The shit he got for having - heaven forbid - a foreign accent looked utterly embarrassing from afar
Me too. If he hasn't managed Woolwich, I would love him to manage us in our current situation. He may not be the big manager for big club; but he seems to know how to weather the storm to punch above his underdog team weight.

I've always liked Unai Emery. Had to put it on hold obviously, but he is a first class manager. I thought he was treated like dirt by Dial Square and their idiot fans but it might be that he's better suited to smaller teams punching up.

The shit he got for having - heaven forbid - a foreign accent looked utterly embarrassing from afar
And it wasn't just the fans that made fun of his accent.

I shit on Emery at the time because he managed Woolwich (obviously), but objectively what he dealt with from the English media and Woolwich supporters was ridiculous and offensive at times.

They’re all moaning about not getting over the line in semis and finals. We get told we bottle them. It’s almost like it’s fucking hard to win these games!

Just surprised they haven’t mentioned Kane yet.
Pundit logic is that with Kane United would have won even though Cavani was their best player.

What I am saying is pundits are dumb.

These United pundits think because they played for the club during its most successful period, the club has a right to win forever. I really fucking hate it. I hear it all the time. Especially as they were wanking each other off over the failure of the ESL and how competitive the PL is.
Based on Liverpool, only another 25 years or so of it but probably without the odd Champions League thrown in the mix.

Its hilarious isnt. How many of the cunts mocking him can speak spanish?

Don't forget capoue!

Banter

Edit: I appreciate Capoue has been elsewhere, but it's still funny.
Look, Capoue's debut match was one of the better debut matches I can recall. I thought he performed fucking extraordinarily in his debut. I had extremely high hopes. Then I recall that he got severely injured in like literally his second game.

And he was never the same for Spurs.

Sad.

I heard he's conceded 36 straight penalties. That can't be possible.

That was before tonight.

Do you know the odds that a random keeper would concede 36 straight penalties? 3 in 10,000

Do you know the odds that a random keeper would concede 47 straight penalties? 3 in 100,000

These stats are relevant for regular penalty takers (outfield players).

I am sure when you take into account the keeper scoring a penalty against him, the odds are like 1 in a million.

I guess those that loved De Gea as a keeper were right... he is a one in a million goalkeeper!

Last edited:
Villareal, a small-town team that found themselves thrown into the big time in the early 2000's and have managed to entrench themselves there despite never quite having their big moment in the sun have finally won the first major trophy in their history, beating no less than Manchester United to do it. Congratulations to them, what a beautiful day for football.

It's an absolute disgrace they play this game on a weeknight. Nothing that happens in the CL final will have anywhere near the resonance of this as a story. Football can stir the human spirit like few other things when it lets itself do it.

Villareal, a small-town team that found themselves thrown into the big time in the early 2000's and have managed to entrench themselves there despite never quite having their big moment in the sun have finally won the first major trophy in their history, beating no less than Manchester United to do it. Congratulations to them, what a beautiful day for football.

It's an absolute disgrace they play this game on a weeknight. Nothing that happens in the CL final will have anywhere near the resonance of this as a story. Football can stir the human spirit like few other things when it lets itself do it.
Does Villareal still have the nickname "The Yellow Submarines"? They earned that name from famously "sinking" much larger clubs.

I like that name...

Back
Top Bottom