Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All I know is their owners are supposed to have been keen on him for a number of years.
Sure, but he keeps losing the CL with weird choices. Might have taken the shine off. And winning the Scudetto for a 147th time isn't going to keep you in the job there. I'd like to see him go to a side known for a little less expansive football (eg Palace) and remake the team and club into a pure footballing side. That would get the juices flowing.

So no silly messages from my northern mate cos Man City got spanked, now just got to face a smug small team from Romford supporter at work

Least it isn’t Monday......oh

Once Gattuso inevitably falls out with De Laurentis we need to line him up as Jose's successor.

Rino against the English referees would be fantastic.

I really think he likes the competition in England. Not in the sense of him not winning but the football culture. Where would he go otherwise? I guess he could quit but it doesn't look like he's done coaching.
Yeah, not many options I guess. Eventually PSG & Juve or a barca reunion. But you're right, he must love the football culture here as he is staying despite only playing for top 4 & domestic cups. Or he is stubborn & competitive, & thinks they will win the league or CL this season.

A few results so far showing the continued improvement of the middle region of the table. Never before have teams, expected to finish from around 6th to 14th, been so strong. We’ll see plenty more results along the lines of the City and West Ham ones this weekend during the course of the season.

Or he is stubborn & competitive, & thinks they will win the league or CL this season.
I'd call 'deluded' but he may be "stubborn & competitive" as well. But this just made me think who will actually win PL and CL this season. Let's hope for continued Bayern dominance in the CL otherwise the alternative is sickening.

May as well leave with liverpool on another level & city not being good enough to win CL. Its all about the domestic cups for them this season.

If City (Pep) don't feel they can compete with Liverpool nor that the CL is a feasible target then that's pretty pathetic considering how far the deck is stacked in their favour.

A few results so far showing the continued improvement of the middle region of the table. Never before have teams, expected to finish from around 6th to 14th, been so strong. We’ll see plenty more results along the lines of the City and West Ham ones this weekend during the course of the season.
The fairer and more lucrative distribution of TV money evened out the playing field a bit

I'd call 'deluded' but he may be "stubborn & competitive" as well. But this just made me think who will actually win PL and CL this season. Let's hope for continued Bayern dominance in the CL otherwise the alternative is sickening.
I was going to say deluded as he may genuinely think they will win the title this season. I think lack of options as you suggested earlier could be a factor. Plenty of time for him to manage juve & psg still.

I have seen the first 45. Dear Lord. He is turning into Arsene Wenger.
Especially with the similar stubborness about style of play & also ignoring the physical & defensive side of the game. I guess he is a control freaks so it wouldn't work, but I wonder why doesn't pep get a good defensive coach to sort out that aspect of the game for him. He can concentrate on the rest which he excels at.

Makes me want to puke to admit it but it makes Liverpool's consistency all the more impressive (if they maintain it).

Back
Top Bottom