Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder if there are people out there who think Villa can't win the league.

Best defence.
Unbeaten.
Beat Liverpool 7-2.
Beat Leicester away.
1 point off top.
>narrowly survived relegation
>go on to win the title the following season while the big teams are in disarray

Hold on a goddamn minute...

giphy.gif

I've seen their game against Palace now. Too slow in possession in the first half. Much improved in the second half, where I saw several good moves, if not always the final ball. Notes of caution: overreliant on Lamptey's X-Factor and some really slack movement in the final third/players getting in each other's way. Defensively, they had very little to deal with against a rancid Palace outfit.

I said somewhere in here a couple of days ago, I like Lamptey's energy, and he's a real little aggressive busy fucker, but there's not a lot of composure to what he does much of the time, with and without the ball.

As far as Brighton goes, I like what I see Potter trying to do, he's not reinventing any wheels, he's not Guardiola or Klopp, he's not even Bielsa ferocious or Hasenhuttl crash bang exciting, it's pretty low risk stuff, but that's quite smart when you aren't blessed with a high calibre squad. But I do think he's got something between his ears and an ability to actually teach footballers collectively how to do something other than form two defensive lines and pray. That doesn't make him a genius or a great coach, but I think it means something, if only that he's more interesting to me than people like Lampard or Solskjaer for example.(Edit - or fucking Hodgson)

I checked the XG metrics just too see if it was all aesthetics, and the metrics, so far at least, seem to suggest he's getting the mechanics more right than wrong. One of the sites I checked (Premier League xG (Expected Goals) | FootyStats) had Brighton with the lowest XGA per game (0.59) in the PL so far, not bad considering who they've played, they were pretty unlucky to lose 3-0 to Chelsea and lose at all to ManU.

I said somewhere in here a couple of days ago, I like Lamptey's energy, and he's a real little aggressive busy fucker, but there's not a lot of composure to what he does much of the time, with and without the ball.

As far as Brighton goes, I like what I see Potter trying to do, he's not reinventing any wheels, he's not Guardiola or Klopp, he's not even Bielsa ferocious or Hasenhuttl crash bang exciting, it's pretty low risk stuff, but that's quite smart when you aren't blessed with a high calibre squad. But I do think he's got something between his ears and an ability to actually teach footballers collectively how to do something other than form two defensive lines and pray. That doesn't make him a genius or a great coach, but I think it means something, if only that he's more interesting to me than people like Lampard or Solskjaer for example.(Edit - or fucking Hodgson)

I checked the XG metrics just too see if it was all aesthetics, and the metrics, so far at least, seem to suggest he's getting the mechanics more right than wrong. One of the sites I checked (Premier League xG (Expected Goals) | FootyStats) had Brighton with the lowest XGA per game (0.59) in the PL so far, not bad considering who they've played, they were pretty unlucky to lose 3-0 to Chelsea and lose at all to ManU.
They should have bought KWP instead.

Nevertheless, Potter's charisma will keep them safe.

That Juve strip is one of the worst kits I have ever seen.

Looks like the sort of thing someone who owns their own paintball gun would design.
Resembles lava to me.
Fans in the ground for Kiev - Juve refreshing to see.

Who's this Kulusevski lad playing up front for Juve?
Young Swedish player. Very talented. Macedonian by descent, hence the Slavic name/surname. One of their best signings this summer if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom