Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They always have these spells don't they under Ole where they go on good steaks.
I really thought they weren't all that. Maybe I'm overreacting to the Man U commentary (and studio analysis) it's all "brilliant", "fantastic" etc but I thought all the best chances were PSG's. I thought Rashford was terrible (goal aside which he took well), Martial equally terrible.

BTW I'm not saying PSG were good, thought they looked average but were it not for 3 or 4 good saves and the woodwork PSG might have scored 4.

I really thought they weren't all that. Maybe I'm overreacting to the Man U commentary (and studio analysis) it's all "brilliant", "fantastic" etc but I thought all the best chances were PSG's. I thought Rashford was terrible (goal aside which he took well), Martial equally terrible.

BTW I'm not saying PSG were good, thought they looked average but were it not for 3 or 4 good saves and the woodwork PSG might have scored 4.

They've never really been all that under Ole but they do go through periods of results.

When he first came in as caretaker:

14 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses in his first 19 games. With those losses coming against Woolwich, PSG and Wolves.

Then last season from the end of Jan:

15 wins, 6 draws and 2 losses in 23 games. With those 2 losses coming in semi finals against Sevilla and Chelsea

I hope they don't go on a similar run, because that sort of run in this strange strange Prem season could see them challenge

Biggest surprise was seeing Jean-Daniel Akpa Akpro pop up in a Lazio shirt this season and end up scoring in the CL tonight, looked like his career had completely tanked, released from Toulouse in 2017, think he spent a year without a club, then went to some Serie B club in 2018 and has worked his way back up to Lazio and scoring in the CL.

Biggest surprise was seeing Jean-Daniel Akpa Akpro pop up in a Lazio shirt this season and end up scoring in the CL tonight, looked like his career had completely tanked, released from Toulouse in 2017, think he spent a year without a club, then went to some Serie B club in 2018 and has worked his way back up to Lazio and scoring in the CL.

Bit of a niche suprise that tbf, Blakey..... ;)

They've never really been all that under Ole but they do go through periods of results.

When he first came in as caretaker:

14 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses in his first 19 games. With those losses coming against Woolwich, PSG and Wolves.

Then last season from the end of Jan:

15 wins, 6 draws and 2 losses in 23 games. With those 2 losses coming in semi finals against Sevilla and Chelsea

I hope they don't go on a similar run, because that sort of run in this strange strange Prem season could see them challenge
They were (are) a good counter-attacking side, not great because Rashford and Martial are quite shit and waste the vast majority of counter-attacks that are built.

To me it shows just what the mental state of players can achieve, more than the quality of their play (individually and collectively) but string a couple of games together and the belief can be genuine and they perform that small % better that knocks off another result. This result will give them a boost which I hope they don't take into the PL but fairly confident that their oppo will not let them play on the counter, just let them have the ball where they are shite.

I thought they rode their luck tonight against a side missing approx 8 of it's first team. A very good result but listening to the analysis of this game in the studio anyone would have thought they had destroyed them.

They always have these spells don't they under Ole where they go on good steaks.
Mmmm, good steak...

IMG_6473.jpg

Someone please explain how Rennes had fans in their stadium tonight but no one else in the competition were allowed. Im confused.
UEFA allows fans in attendance based on local laws and restrictions. The local governance in the region that Rennes is based in allowed as many fans as there were in the stadium.

There have been some games in the Ligue 1 season that have had fans in the stadiums (obviously not full), whilst some haven't depending on the region.

So hypothetically we could have fans at the stadium for our home games if London allowed it.

Dortmund is a funny club. Once Pulisic was the golden boy at Dortmund, then Sancho snatched his limelight and now it looks as if Reyna has got that from Sancho.

Back
Top Bottom