Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Burnley are going down..... Surely you can't survive another whole season without even attempting to score or even venture past the halfway line.

I know they're going to play like that against the top 6 but this year they don't seem to be getting the breaks and they're putting in all that effort and still they lose 1 nil.

The one thing that could keep them up is that it looks like Fulham and WBA are god awful and Sheffield and Brighton seem to be at the same level as Burnley and equally unable to get results this season. So 5 teams for only 3 spots might mean they luck out by being awful but only the 4th most awful team this year.

The one thing that could keep them up is that it looks like Fulham and WBA are god awful and Sheffield and Brighton seem to be at the same level as Burnley and equally unable to get results this season. So 5 teams for only 3 spots might mean they luck out by being awful but only the 4th most awful team this year.
Sheffield and Fulham yes.....

Burnley are just so shite - if they actually had a go then you'd understand it but all that effort and then still losing 1 nil just seems pointless.

I'll reserve judgement for Brighton till after tomorrow's game.

Sheffield and Fulham yes.....

Burnley are just so shite - if they actually had a go then you'd understand it but all that effort and then still losing 1 nil just seems pointless.

I'll reserve judgement for Brighton till after tomorrow's game.

Brighton are like the anti-Burnley, go for it all the time, change tactics/approach way too often, try to do way too much which ends up getting them a bit muddled.

But in the end they both end up with getting poor results.

I said on Monday Burnley won't play much better and we beat them.

They will be fine.

Makes me laugh that people think they should cope with a team who have shelled out 250 million quid during a pandemic.

Fcuking unreal expectations.

Maybe that game vs Burnley wasn’t as tough as Jose had us believe

I didn't watch the game today, but apparently they lined up differently.....

Also; wasted an early sitter (which would have aided their cause massively) and apparently Pope was shite for 2 of the goals.

I didn't watch the game today, but apparently they lined up differently.....

Also; wasted an early sitter (which would have aided their cause massively) and apparently Pope was shite for 2 of the goals.

Wouldn't say lined up differently. Just didn't seem to be the same buzz there like there was against us. Within the opening few moments of our game, Burnley knocked through us and even had a man booked early on.

Today, they just stood off Chelsea and invited them on.

Also, Chelsea playing what was pretty much a 2 at the back and pushing Chilwell and James up the field was smart as we saw against us, Burnley defend narrow. We simply didn't threaten the wide areas enough last week.

Liverpool starting 23 year old Nathanial Phillips at centre back today... (who?) and 19 year old Curtis Jones in central midfield.

West Ham won't have a much better chance to get something from Liverpool than in this game. Just a shame Antonio is injured as he could have really bruised up that back line. Need a big game from Haller.

Back
Top Bottom