Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow, that new Chelseas striker with all that speed seems to be giving Brighton's CBs a tough time. And look, Chelsea have taken off their record signing only to replace him with the guy Bayern was trying to buy for 50M last year. Must be nice. But they're no match for us in the net spend league. Spendy bastards.

Wow, that new Chelseas striker with all that speed seems to be giving Brighton's CBs a tough time. And look, Chelsea have taken off their record signing only to replace him with the guy Bayern was trying to buy for 50M last year. Must be nice. But they're no match for us in the net spend league. Spendy bastards.
Did you see Havertz, under zero pressure, pass the ball 40 yards backwards, nowhere near either his CB or LB, straight out of play?

It reminded me of Renato Sanches passing to a ghost.

Did you see Havertz, under zero pressure, pass the ball 40 yards backwards, nowhere near either his CB or LB, straight out of play?

It reminded me of Renato Sanches passing to a ghost.
What? That's called Tuesday rondos for our mob. But you mean the 21yo guy that's been with them a week and is starting his first PL game and is a little unsettled? That's ok, he'll settle. I've seen him for 4 years and know what he's got. but the more important point was he was replaced by someone that Bayern wanted for 50M.

btw Renato settled too.

Havertz is a very talented player, but was woeful tonight. He will become fine in the next months, sadly.

Ziyech - Havertz - Pulisic;
Werner.

Looks great on paper, but there is no way that they will challenge this season.

Fucking hell, 20 minutes into Brighton/Chelsea, Chelsea have been pretty passive and turgid - against Brighton who have played the better football so far - and some stupid cunt just gives them a goal with a moment of carelessness.

Edit
And the keeper didn't help, no need to foul him.

Pretty typical Brighton in all honesty. They outplayed a lot of people last year but would concede some goals that would leave you scratching your head. White looks a real keeper though.

Chelsea were tactically woeful in this game (I stopped at 75 min). I said last year it will be interesting to see what Lampard does once the muscle memory of a proper coach like Sarri wears off. I guess we can't judge him after one game of the new season, but Brighton were much better tactically and in a coached sense, they just got stung by individual moments.

ss.png

Perhaps watch some Stengs, Boadu and Wijndal?

I’m expecting AZ to struggle in this match. They haven’t played in the Dutch league yet, and their last friendlies were without a lot of their stars. I hope they are up for it

I’ll also keep an eye out for the poor poor man’s Haaland, Vladyslav Supriaha. One year ago he hit a brace in the WC final for U20s and helped Ukraine win. He’s been on fire this last 6 months

Back
Top Bottom