Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nawwwwwww. He quit cos he had a taste for expensive players. That's why he went to RBL. And that's why he is now at Monaco.
But why would they want him as presumably his picks were worse than Poch's...like Sissoko.

But why would they want him as presumably his picks were worse than Poch's...like Sissoko.
Much like that silver-tongued devil from Portugal, Mitchell must do a heck of an interview.

“I think it was difficult,” Mitchell says. “When you’re trying to build a stadium, and the level of investment that takes now, it’s hard to align the two. Because of the sums of money it costs now to invest in players, especially in the Premier League.” (In 2018-19, the season Tottenham moved into their new stadium, they did not sign a single player. Although they reached the Champions League final, it also sowed the seeds for this season’s collapse.)

Mitchell makes clear that he would never want a squad of his to go stale like that. “My philosophy is that you need, year on year, new voices, new profiles, just to stimulate the group. Just to keep the group competitive. Keep the group’s daily training at its maximum — that competitive stimulation that all great teams have. It doesn’t have to be a whole wave of new players. Two to three to four players every window, of the highest quality, that can try to break into that starting 11. It’s crucial to continue being competitive at the very, very top echelons of the game.”

Mitchell makes clear that he would never want a squad of his to go stale like that. “My philosophy is that you need, year on year, new voices, new profiles, just to stimulate the group. Just to keep the group competitive. Keep the group’s daily training at its maximum — that competitive stimulation that all great teams have. It doesn’t have to be a whole wave of new players. Two to three to four players every window, of the highest quality, that can try to break into that starting 11. It’s crucial to continue being competitive at the very, very top echelons of the game.”
All sounds familiar. Was talking to the Candyman about diffs with US sports and how this is so commonplace (ie recruiting on top of people) and that things were (at least) 20 years behind. He got his hackles up and then dismissed it. When it becomes his idea in a few years it will be new and fresh. Hey, look what I found!

All sounds familiar. Was talking to the Candyman about diffs with US sports and how this is so commonplace (ie recruiting on top of people) and that things were (at least) 20 years behind. He got his hackles up and then dismissed it. When it becomes his idea in a few years it will be new and fresh. Hey, look what I found!
Hasn't it really come to something when two of the people making the most sense round here at the moment are from Canada and Murica? And if we are being generous, we would mention the guy living on the floating piece of rock.

from Canada
Who is this maple-syrup swilling, moose-riding, circular bacon-biting, universal healthcare commie* of which you speak? I have my ideas but there are a few from Canuckistan that are spreading truth round these parts.

*The faux hatred to mask my appreciation for my brothers in the north.

Who is this maple-syrup swilling, moose-riding, circular bacon-biting, universal healthcare commie* of which you speak? I have my ideas but there are a few from Canuckistan that are spreading truth round these parts.

*The faux hatred to mask my appreciation for my brothers in the north.
Wow. Chouiar has really blubbered down.

Today's word is "doorstepping." God bless America.

Wow. Chouiar has really blubbered down.
Yeah, he was a chubby bunny when he first got there. And there was significant positive correlation to his play and chubb-loss. Perhaps you should take note, fatty!

He got hurt at right about this weight it looks like. Look forward to what he brings this season...if his team can ever recapture the ball and get it to him FFS. Pure rearguard action yesterday. I killed it at 80m.

Today's word is "doorstepping." God bless America.
I don't get it. I know doorstepping but why you blessing us? Tax dollars?

edit: you haven't answered as to the identity of this sharp Canuck spitting science round these parts.

Last edited:
I don't get it. I know doorstepping but why you blessing us? Tax dollars?

edit: you haven't answered as to the identity of this sharp Canuck spitting science round these parts.
I am thanking America for continuing to edify me. The Canuck shall not be named. Mere mention of his name would elicit another salvo of clucking and screeching from the peanut gallery. Funny you should mention science. Not unlike the other guy, he seems to be a titillating blend of science and Perry Mason.
He got hurt at right about this weight it looks like. Look forward to what he brings this season...if his team can ever recapture the ball and get it to him FFS. Pure rearguard action yesterday. I killed it at 80m.
Inside the first 15 mins of the game, he has done enough to make sure I will be keeping my glass eye on him.

I am thanking America for continuing to edify me. The Canuck shall not be named. Mere mention of his name would elicit another salvo of clucking and screeching from the peanut gallery. Funny you should mention science. Not unlike the other guy, he seems to be a titillating blend of science and Perry Mason.
I know who it is. He is a new voice with quite decent takes. Perhaps he is the Alphonso Davies of this board but I believe he's from a diff province. I have appreciated his work thus far...and his desire to support his arguments. He has put a few noses outta joint.

Inside the first 15 mins of the game, he has done enough to make sure I will be keeping my glass eye on him.
When you gonna get that other jaundiced one replaced ya blind fucker? I got there right before the first goal so pretty much missed all you are talking about.

When you gonna get that other jaundiced one replaced ya blind fucker? I got there right before the first goal so pretty much missed all you are talking about.
Here is where hopping between America's bed and Russia's bed gives me the best of everything. All joking aside, when I say the boy can control a football, I mean THE BOY CAN CONTROL A FOOTBALL. Always a fine starting point.
I know who it is. He is a new voice with quite decent takes. Perhaps he is the Alphonso Davies of this board but I believe he's from a diff province. I have appreciated his work thus far...and his desire to support his arguments. He has put a few noses outta joint.
Good, and yes.

I thought Coupet was supposed to be leaving Lyon?

hopping between America's bed and Russia's bed
Filthy slut!!!!
when I say the boy can control a football, I mean THE BOY CAN CONTROL A FOOTBALL. Always a fine starting point.
Yes, the fundamentals are always a good starting point. One could say they are...I had something here but lost it. Imagine if we had given them 15M and sold Dele for 3x that. We'd be better off.

First thing I picked up on was his workrate out wide in the PSG game last year. Appreciation of the other stuff came later. But he was central yesterday.

I thought Coupet was supposed to be leaving Lyon?
I believe he was supposed to. Wasn't he spose to go to Nantes? Not sure how you pronounce it but I believe that's the Candyman's favorite team by the way.

edit: Nope, Dijon is where he was spose to go. So if he was there yesterday then that is why.

Back
Top Bottom