Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m watching Wycombe v Stoke.

Stoke really shouldn’t be a problem in the league cup. They’re awful.

Edit: there was a foul by a Stoke player that was a red card every day of the week in the PL but the ref inexplicably only gave him a yellow. So we might have to watch out for them being pretty dirty.
No change there then

Remember Charlie Adam on Bale and Paulinho?

Bruno disasterclass, Neymar decisive, Ole shown up... me:
overpower infinity gauntlet GIF

fuck me, is Zlatan really carrying Milan to the title at the age of 40? against rich Juve?

I don't much care for Milan but it's about time Italy broke the Juventus monopoly.

meanwhile Rangers are making headways towards reclaiming the SPL. if they win the next old firm it's almost settled. Interestingly they have a championship level squad

Juventus isn’t rich for an emir like PSG or Man City but for a constant growth due to a company that bought / sold (they also had to make capital increases) and is now firmly among the best 16 teams in Europe.
In recent years, Milan have spent a lot (sometimes they have spent more than Juventus) and badly: only this year they are offering a good level.
Will the Juventus monopoly be interrupted? I don't know but may the best man win

This is a potentially really bad opinion, and I only really see PSG a handful of times during the Champions League (don't watch L1), but I generally come away feeling underwhelmed by Mbappe. Seems like a very good player but one of the elite players in world football? Not sure about that.
Mate I've been saying it since he joined PSG!

First off he's a very good player, emphasised even more so because of his age, in fact within his age group he's one of the best. He may go on to be a great.

What doesn't sit well with me at all is the "hype", he is spoken in terms as one of the best players in the World, he doesn't even come close IMO. It's ramped up to another level when Ferdinand is in the studio or present as a pundit (be that at Internationals or CL game). The more he eulogises the more people buy into the player. It's got to a point now, where he does long pieces on him when he's barely been involved in the game, take last night as a classic example.

My theory on this involves putting on a tinfoil hat but I think he's on a retainer from PSG. PSG have aggressively set themselves up as a fashion brand, their players form part of that marketing strategy, Ferdinand is always in there, he always on as a pundit when they play.

Ferdinand has said numerous occasion now that "PSG can win anything with Neymar & Mbappe", yet another year goes by when this statement looks shite when the team look broadly clueless (I'm obviously talking about CL here, in France they will win everything such is the financial disparity to all other clubs). If Mbappe is World Class you'd expect to see it in the CL.

Champions League VAR is a lot more tolerant with offsides than Premier League VAR.

It´s like instead of trying to find invisible margins to define a situation, they just give the benefit of the doubt to the attack - and they do it quickly, which is really important for the game´s dynamic.

I like it.

Champions League VAR is a lot more tolerant with offsides than Premier League VAR.

It´s like instead of trying to find invisible margins to define a situation, they just give the benefit of the doubt to the attack - and they do it quickly, which is really important for the game´s dynamic.

I like it.
The Dutch have also developed their own system for how they look at assists with VAR which seems to work well.

They have two lines, one that is the "benefit of the doubt line". And one that is "okay, this is obvious".

La Liga leaders Real Sociedad go 1-0 down to a team from Croatia.

Somehow it feels good that we aren't the only team underperforming tonight.

Blimey, just seen the Blackburn v Millwall highlights and the same bloke got away with 3 handballs in the box. Not even ball to hand, he knocked the ball away from people's heads - 3 times!

I can't help but feel some clubs having fans back is really going to help them.

Thankfully the scum aren't one of those clubs because their fans are shit LOL.

I think it'll actually hinder us.

Dont get me wrong, it'll be great for us to have fans back in - but so many times I've heard groans and moans if we aren't winning in the first half or nervousness resonating from the crowd to the players when passing out from the back etc.

Back
Top Bottom