Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has all the hallmarks of a dropped-form year across the board, just like the Leicester season.

I mean, us and Liverpool have a current points total that would project out to 79 points after 38 games. Leicester won it in 15/16 with 81 (and, astonishingly, a 10 point gap to second place).

Mad stuff. Especially with José in charge I don't know how we can't all dream a little.

It's like a weekend when Leicester dropped points in 15/16 - yet so did we and no one else made up ground for example. When weekends or game weeks like that happen, you just sort of think.... damn, maybe it's their year.

What happened at the weekend with us drawing to Palace only for Liverpool to drop points and now Chelsea failing to go top after leading 0-1 is just feeling like one of those....

If we can honestly get a result tomorrow. I'll really truly start to believe. And I have no doubt the players will too

Compare Pedro Neto to Bale, Moura and Bergwyjin.

Our three would have dribbled pack and passed it back.

Is Neto a Mendes client? He'd be ideal with Kane and Son.
To be fair that’s what our current Bale would do. The Neto winner looked more like the Bale of old. Attack the defender and finish with a beautiful left footed strike.

To be fair that’s what our current Bale would do. The Neto winner looked more like the Bale of old. Attack the defender and finish with a beautiful left footed strike.
The thing I like about him is that he's very comfortable being isolated high up the pitch. He can receive a long ball and either attack immediately or retain possession with impressive ball control and dribbling.

Moura, Son and Bergwijn are not great at this.

Has all the hallmarks of a dropped-form year across the board, just like the Leicester season.

I mean, us and Liverpool have a current points total that would project out to 79 points after 38 games. Leicester won it in 15/16 with 81 (and, astonishingly, a 10 point gap to second place).

Mad stuff. Especially with José in charge I don't know how we can't all dream a little.
It may be down a bit, but the last 4 seasons have been a huge anomaly. Prior to that the average title winning side was 85.5 since the formation of the Premier League. If someone wins in the low 80s that would be pretty well within the "normal" range.

The media seem to be waiting for someone to go on a 13+ match winning streak because that's what the last 4 champions have done, but that's just not that common.

EpTccrhXIAQpBOs

Werner ain't done much since the early weeks of the league and Havertz has done nothing yet.

Back
Top Bottom