Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As opposed to the more like Burnley we do play?

If we played more like Leeds, but with the players we have, chances is are we’d be no worse off points wise, (Leeds are only 7 points behind) but would at least be able to suck a soupçon of enjoyment out of games.
We played plenty of sexy football under Poch and didn’t win anything. Yes, under Mourinho we’ve looked turgid and boring but he’s got us in a final already and still competing on 3 other fronts. Let’s evaluate this season in June and go from there.

We played plenty of sexy football under Poch and didn’t win anything. Yes, under Mourinho we’ve looked turgid and boring but he’s got us in a final already and still competing on 3 other fronts. Let’s evaluate this season in June and go from there.

I wish I could get as much credit for not doing things but maybe, even if it very unlikely, might be able to do in the future the way some Jose apologists give him credit for things he hasn't done.

Playing under Poch we got to a CL final, Jose thanks to a buttery soft draw has us to the League Cup final. But ya its the guy that got us to the CL final that should be getting shit on while the other guy who puts our feet to sleep gets nothing but excuses made for him.

I wish I could get as much credit for not doing things but maybe, even if it very unlikely, might be able to do in the future the way some Jose apologists give him credit for things he hasn't done.

Playing under Poch we got to a CL final, Jose thanks to a buttery soft draw has us to the League Cup final. But ya its the guy that got us to the CL final that should be getting shit on while the other guy who puts our feet to sleep gets nothing but excuses made for him.
I didn’t knock Poch at all - my point was we played very attractive stuff under him, probably some of the best in the world at the time, and we have nothing to show for it except a champions league runners up medal.

Lets let Mourinho finish his first full season before calling for his head. There is plenty left to play for.

I didn’t knock Poch at all - my point was we played very attractive stuff under him, probably some of the best in the world at the time, and we have nothing to show for it except a champions league runners up medal.

Lets let Mourinho finish his first full season before calling for his head. There is plenty left to play for.

We have a hell of a lot more that a CL runners up medal. We have multiple seasons of exciting seasons, with top finishes, deep runs in competitions and great players.

Jose hasn't given us anything close to that. We have terrible football, a 6th place finish, going out easily in competitions against the likes of Norwich and the promise of trophies that we have shown zero indication that we can win.

He has been here for over a year with zero signs that things are getting better, in fact they are likely getting worse. He has a long history to go on as well which lines up exactly with what we are seeing here.

I'm not sure why we need more time to see if after 20+ years of managing and over a year with us that Jose will all of a sudden change his approach and do a 180 when it comes to managing. I guess anything is possible but I am not sure why we would believe it will happen.

Ironically the man Poch replaced at PSG also got his team to a CL Final the year before.

Getting to finals doesn’t mean much when manager have won finals/league titles yet still got fired the following season.

We have a hell of a lot more that a CL runners up medal. We have multiple seasons of exciting seasons, with top finishes, deep runs in competitions and great players.
That’s the lovable losers mentality - spursy- Jose has been brought into change. Time will tell.

Blaming Jose for our 6th place finish last year? I can’t be bothered to look up how we started under Poch but that’s why we finished where we did, not because of anything Mourinho did.

Last edited:
That’s the lovable losers mentality - spursy- Jose has been brought into change. Time will tell.

Blaming Jose for our 6th place finish last year? :vertna:

I am not blaming him I am pointing out where he finished.

And he hasn't changed a single thing. We looked terrible in the FA Cup under him, were pathetic in the CL with him, were average at best in the Europa League and haven't looked close to winners in the PL.

I would much rather be a lovable loser playing enjoyable football than the destable losers playing the slog that Jose has us playing.

Ironically the man Poch replaced at PSG also got his team to a CL Final the year before.

Getting to finals doesn’t mean much when manager have won finals/league titles yet still got fired the following season.

I would say getting to the finals of the CL is more impressive than getting to the finals of the League Cup with a default and a couple of wins over Championship teams. But if we are lucky maybe Jose can at some point in the next 20 years get us to the QF of the CL, we just have to give him more time because with him anything is possible.

Back
Top Bottom