Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EsSogsaXUAYQYo9

He's just realised that refereeing in Italy is awful, I see.
I think it should have been offside, having Rodri moving towards Mings makes him "active" in the move and therefore interfering with play, he's become part of that action. (to flip the coin......If the ball comes off Mings and goes directly to Rodri who's in an offside position but made no attempt to duel/win the ball, move towards Mings i.e ball to Mings, not Mings to ball, then IMO it's not offside as he wasn't "active" in that play.

I think it should have been offside, having Rodri moving towards Mings makes him "active" in the move and therefore interfering with play, he's become part of that action. (to flip the coin......If the ball comes off Mings and goes directly to Rodri who's in an offside position but made no attempt to duel/win the ball, move towards Mings i.e ball to Mings, not Mings to ball, then IMO it's not offside as he wasn't "active" in that play.

I guess they can't really prove that Rodri had any intention to get involved before Mings' awful touch.

He doesn't really bust a gut to get there and only reacts upon Mings' touch. I'm still not entirely sure why Mings didn't just head it clear.

I feel like this rule has been in place for years. Whilst different circumstances as no one in an offside position came to win the ball back, I remember us getting a penalty at Anfield a few years back despite Kane CLEARLY being offside. But because Lovren touched the ball on the way through, it didn't matter.

As you like using a dictionary, why not look up the word hypocrite..

Laughing at someone for saying Klopp out when you started the most embarrassing thread this board has ever seen. No doubt Liverpool and other fans are howling at shit like this https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/spursy.38754/unread
Posts 2,8,13,17 & 18 tell you all you need to know..

We have to make excuses for fans like you, the same as Liverpool fans are making excuses for any idiot that said Klopp Out.
Unfortunately every club has clueless idiots, I’m alarmed at how many we have now.
Congratulations for being in the top tier..

Last edited:
I guess they can't really prove that Rodri had any intention to get involved before Mings' awful touch.

He doesn't really bust a gut to get there and only reacts upon Mings' touch. I'm still not entirely sure why Mings didn't just head it clear.

I feel like this rule has been in place for years. Whilst different circumstances as no one in an offside position came to win the ball back, I remember us getting a penalty at Anfield a few years back despite Kane CLEARLY being offside. But because Lovren touched the ball on the way through, it didn't matter.
Kane was 100% correct as he wasn’t interfering with play, it was ball to Kane, not Kane to ball.

With Rodri it’s clear to me that he is moving towards Mings, which in IMO makes him active and therefore interfering with play and offside. If he chooses to stand still or move in a different direction (away from Mings) then he not active and therefore not offside.

The whole area is shite anyway as players can act as decoys deliberately in offside positions pushing back oppo defenses, if a defender has to make conscious assessments and decisions about oppo players then they are active. In fact all players are active on a football pitch.

Back
Top Bottom