Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Teams don't need luck when we fail to show up against teams like Fulham and Crystal Palace
exactly what I mean. We've not put in the second goal which would make a dodgy VAR goal (like against Southampton) completely pointless. United and City have won quite few games 1-0 where a "sucker punch" was a possibility but the opposition cocked it up.

Fingers crossed, results have gone our way so far this evening. Now all we need is the Blades to win and a dull, lifeless draw at Everton (or even an exciting one).
Now I've become a bloody psychic.

Make sure to tune in for today's prediction at the same time (8:09pm) tonight. You'll be safe to put your house on it.

Morning all.

Last edited:
Been listening to Talksport too. Before the game the commentator said you don't really pronounce the 'C' in Tuchel - so Toool it is then.
Mr Tooool certainly set his team up like a bit of a Thomas, didn't he? Leaving all his flair players on the bench and expecting to score? He's been watching too many Mourinho videos.

What a Tuchel.

Huge dilemma for the ref, does he give a penalty for Utd to equalise or does he hope they get the equaliser themselves so he can give one for the winner?
In the end they chose to give Man Utd several minutes of injury time instead of a pen, thank God.

I've seen various statistical analysis charts where were are up there with man city (and villa slightly behind) as the 3 best teams of the season.

It's travesty that anyone but City is ahead of us. We've had very very little luck. No team in the league has just outright outplayed us (except maybe the leicester game). Never been more than a 50/50 game.
To be fair, in the main we've been the architects of our own failures, this season.

You probably know this already, but it's nearly 50 YEARS since the Blades beat Utd at home (1973). Brilliant timing, lads!
Seems like this is the season where the records are beaten. Didn’t Burnley win for the first time at Liverpool in some 50 years? And Woolwich also lost at home to Burnley (I think) for the first time in 30-40 years.

Wamangituka just scored a brilliant goal against Mainz. Poor defending but this guy has serious power in his running, really skillful and works his tail off defensively. Impressed by Gonzalez as well, direct runner, good close control and good left foot. Looks a danger in the air too.

Wamangituka just scored a brilliant goal against Mainz. Poor defending but this guy has serious power in his running, really skillful and works his tail off defensively. Impressed by Gonzalez as well, direct runner, good close control and good left foot. Looks a danger in the air too.

Impressed with him everytime I see him.

He'd be on everyones lips if anyone could actually pronounce his name.

Last edited:
Impressed with him everytime I see him.

He'd be on everyones lips if anyone could actually pronounce his name.
Very impressed, for his size the footwork and ball skills are really good, and he tracked back several times to block crosses and crowd attackers. Is he a threat in the air?

I remember you said to me you preferred him to Gonzalez, I must be honest and say I was very impressed by both. Gonzalez is very strong in the air, and he has good tenacity. I'd like to think we're looking at either one of them to be honest. Wamangituka probably looks more capable of becoming a 20 goal a season player, Gonzalez maybe a bit more nous in his passing etc.

Very impressed, for his size the footwork and ball skills are really good, and he tracked back several times to block crosses and crowd attackers. Is he a threat in the air?

I remember you said to me you preferred him to Gonzalez, I must be honest and say I was very impressed by both. Gonzalez is very strong in the air, and he has good tenacity. I'd like to think we're looking at either one of them to be honest. Wamangituka probably looks more capable of becoming a 20 goal a season player, Gonzalez maybe a bit more nous in his passing etc.

I can't really remember any time I've really seen him use his head.

To be honest, I was impressed by Gonzalez today. If we were given a choice of signing either of them and if we're sending scouts to Stuttgart games, I think Wamangituka would be the better signing. Can play out wide and I have no doubt he'd be successful as a central forward too. Sort of profile we should be looking for.

But I wouldn't be disappointed with Gonzalez.

Lyon/Bordeaux was a tough watch. Think maybe the high energy, high press exertions of last week were not the dawning of a new tactical era. This game was a bit of a festival of Winksness, lot's of neat and tidy midfield stuff that didn't seem to go anywhere, won in the last minute by a miss hit cross from Dubois. The 20yo kid Adli (CM) had decent game for Bordeaux, reminded me a bit of Bentaleb in his good season.

Back
Top Bottom