Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The interesting thing is... now LEICESTER are well and truly in the title race... let's see how many 'neutrals' start supporting THEM to win the title rather than Man City/Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea.... they will still be everyone's 4th favourites...

AND YET WHEN IT WAS US going to to toe with them, it WAS the fucking (c)FAIRYTALE... and every neutral Cunt bar Spurs fans wanted them to win it.. and WHY do you think that was?

Well let's see how many non Leicester neutral fans want to see them win it THIS season!! It'll be very telling....

But hey, what a FAIRYTALE THAT WOULD BE!

Yes Liverpool won’t win the league, however everyone slating their recent performances just stinks of sour grapes.
They’re similarly suffering second-season syndrome like Chelsea in 2017/18 (a year in which they had to settle for ‘just’ an FA Cup victory... )

:mourcry:

Yes Liverpool won’t win the league, however everyone slating their recent performances just stinks of sour grapes.
They’re similarly suffering second-season syndrome like Chelsea in 2017/18 (a year in which they had to settle for ‘just’ an FA Cup victory... )

...and yet WE seem to suffer '2nd Season Syndrome' EVERY year.... without fucking winning ANYTHING!

Apparently we'd have won the lot with Klopp instead of Poch.

Ain't that right, sammyspurs sammyspurs
Oh dear, Klopp is a CL and PL winner
The real issue is they have a shite squad which I said two years ago.

They just didn’t have an injury crisis.

You said they didn’t need to strengthen and we should be copying them and their model.

Why isn’t it the Liverpool owners fault now John, and the manager is the problem, but total opposite for us?

Klopp proved himself. Poch didn’t.

The interesting thing is... now LEICESTER are well and truly in the title race... let's see how many 'neutrals' start supporting THEM to win the title rather than Man City/Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea.... they will still be everyone's 4th favourites...

AND YET WHEN IT WAS US going to to toe with them, it WAS the fucking (c)FAIRYTALE... and every neutral Cunt bar Spurs fans wanted them to win it.. and WHY do you think that was?

Well let's see how many non Leicester neutral fans want to see them win it THIS season!! It'll be very telling....

But hey, what a FAIRYTALE THAT WOULD BE!
Theyve already won it once not very long ago. The novelty of having a random team has worn off with them. But if Everton had suddenly put a run together that Leicester has, then Im sure many neutrals would be willing them to win against pool, utd ,city etc.

Really? They were poor for 75 minutes and the Dippers were comfortable. A bit of luck and a Dipper implosion have handed them this. Despite the result i wasn't impressed with Leicester today.

They weren't great with the ball for much of the first hour, but without the ball is what I'm talking about. from the 25th minute of the game Liverpool's xg was 0.40 - it was 1.60 against us during that phase, and we were far more defensive, played effectively 7 defenders and had an xg ourselves of 0.10 - Leicester's was 20 times that at 2.00.

So what I'm saying is, they've managed the game without the ball much better than us whilst at the same time offering much more threat than we did.

They weren't great with the ball for much of the first hour, but without the ball is what I'm talking about. from the 25th minute of the game Liverpool's xg was 0.40 - it was 1.60 against us during that phase, and we were far more defensive, played effectively 7 defenders and had an xg ourselves of 0.10 - Leicester's was 20 times that at 2.00.

So what I'm saying is, they've managed the game without the ball much better than us whilst at the same time offering much more threat than we did.
Fair enough, i didn't see it that way but i suppose that what makes football so contentious. I also think Klopp fecked up in taking Jones off for Oxlade-Chamberlain, their midfield became way more open after that.

I haven't seen the second half yet, but I can't help but think that Rodgers is a bit like Diet Coke. We have really got our cocks caught in our zippers with this Mourinho appointment, and it goes without saying that I would prefer Rodgers to him. Anyway, from scrutinising Leicester's play in recent weeks, I think they are flaky when it comes to their pressing. On top of that, I don't think they pass and move it well enough, and are therefore too reliant on counter-attacking. This can be very problematic for them, as seen against the bus-parking dinosaur faeces of Everton and Wolves in recent weeks.

In terms of what they served up against Liverpool in the first half, I would say it was far too easy for Liverpool to build from the back. Also, Leicester were desperately disappointing at keeping the ball/playing from the back.

When I see what Hassenhuttl and Bielsa can conjure up with Champo players, it puts doubts in my mind about the likes of Rodgers, who is blessed with a much better squad.

One more announcement. No sports bra, let's keep it bouncin'. We must exercise caution when using Tottingham as a yardstick for anything.

Last edited:

We manage to get second season syndrome without a successful first season :mourlmao:

I haven't seen the second half yet, but I can't help but think that Rodgers is a bit like Diet Coke. We have really got our cocks caught in our zippers with this Mourinho appointment, and it goes without saying that I would prefer Rodgers to him. Anyway, from scrutinising Leicester's play in recent weeks, I think they are flaky when it comes to their pressing. On top of that, I don't think they pass and move it well enough, and are therefore too reliant on counter-attacking. This can be very problematic for them, as seen against the bus-parking dinosaur faeces of Everton and Wolves in recent weeks.

In terms of what they served up against Liverpool in the first half, I would say it was far too easy for Liverpool to build from the back. Also, Leicester were desperately disappointing at keeping the ball/playing from the back.

When I see what Hassenhuttl and Bielsa can conjure up with Champo players, it puts doubts in my mind about the likes of Rodgers, who is blessed with a much better squad.

I agree with plenty of that, there are times I'm very non plussed with Rodgers, I've rarely lauded what Leicester do generally or in other games, at the same time I think he's got more about him than just another "Hodgson-esque" bore. I find him quite hard to weigh up. I liked what I saw at Swansea, he got a less than stellar Liverpool nearly to a title by getting the best out of his best components, seemed to do the required at Celtic, and Leicester have become a much better side under him than any previous incarnation.

I didn't see the first half hour of this game.

One more announcement. No sports bra, let's keep it bouncin'. We must exercise caution when using Tottingham as a yardstick of anything.

This is the thing, Rodgers doesn't exactly blow me away, he's not reinventing any wheels, and the players at his disposal are decent but not a team of worldies, and today wasn't a tactical masterclass, but the still looked more cohesive than we did.

Last edited:
At the stage where we are desperately wanting Brighton to win just so Aston Villa don't overtake us and drop us down to 9th.

I agree with plenty of that, there are times I'm very non plussed with Rodgers, I've rarely lauded what Leicester do generally or in other games, at the same time I think he's got more about him than just another "Hodgson-esque" bore. I find him quite hard to weigh up. I liked what I saw at Swansea, he got a less than stellar Liverpool nearly to a title by getting the best out of his best components, seemed to do the required at Celtic, and Leicester have become a much better side under him than any previous incarnation.

I didn't see the first half hour of this game.

This is the thing, Rodgers doesn't exactly blow me away, he's not reinventing any wheels, and the players at his disposal are decent but not a team of worldies, and today wasn't a tactical masterclass, but the still looked more cohesive than we did.
I reckon if we really want to get under Rodgers' bonnet, we should look not to what he did with Swansea or Liverpool. We should probably be asking how he managed to shit the bed last season. I don't know the answer to that one, because I did not follow the situation closely enough.

Last edited:
I reckon if we really want to get under Rodger's bonnet, we should look not to what he did with Swansea or Liverpool. We should probably be asking how he managed to shit the bed last season. I don't know the answer to that one, because I did not follow the situation closely enough.

I would also chuck in the shittcake he made of his post-nearly-title-win-season at Liverpool and I also wonder how much was him and how much was ground work laid by previous managers at Swansea.

He's a curate's egg of a man.

Back
Top Bottom