Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lille/Rennes, not a classic by any stretch. Lille started the stronger, and looked to be cruising, especially when Rennes had Boey sent off for a ludicrous boot to head challenge, but second half was all Rennes, without exactly creating much.

Of all the players we've been linked with from these two teams, the only stand out from this game was Camavinga who put in a very good 30 min cameo after coming on.

Reims are one of the most slept on clubs in Europe. Great production line.

Monaco are obviously in rebuild mode and they are looking promising. But their start to the half was hysterical. They could do with a bit more physical presence in attack to complement Ben Yedder.

60 minutes into the Monaco/Reims game, a scouts dream this game with a bunch of young interesting players.

Those two up top for Reims are a real handful, especially on the counter when they can isolate against defenders 1v1. Dia bullied Dasasi (something you wouldn’t expect to be saying a lot about Dasasi) a bit for the first and Bilal Toure bullies Ballo-Toure and Badiashile (easier to do than say) for the second.

Despite that, those three young Monaco defenders all look decent prospects as well.I like the look of the LCB Badiashile and the LB Ballo-Toure more of those three, I know others like reachingforthestars reachingforthestars like Dasasi.

The two kids in Monaco‘s CM3 - Tchouameni and Fofana - have been talked about before by some of us, both had decent games so far (both look like they’ve beefed up a bit physically too) particularly Tchouameni (playing as a R8), who was far more proactively involved in this game than some of his earlier games where he looked a bit more tentative (understandable for a kid getting his first few games I guess), big, strong, athletic but also technically good and worked hard to be involved today.

This Monaco side could really do with a bigger presence up front than BenYedder, technically a tidy little player but lacks presence but very lightweight and offers no aerial threat or ability to bully defenders.

60 minutes into the Monaco/Reims game, a scouts dream this game with a bunch of young interesting players.

Those two up top for Reims are a real handful, especially on the counter when they can isolate against defenders 1v1. Dia bullied Dasasi (something you wouldn’t expect to be saying a lot about Dasasi) a bit for the first and Bilal Toure bullies Ballo-Toure and Badiashile (easier to do than say) for the second.

Despite that, those three young Monaco defenders all look decent prospects as well.I like the look of the LCB Badiashile and the LB Ballo-Toure more of those three, I know others like reachingforthestars reachingforthestars like Dasasi.

The two kids in Monaco‘s CM3 - Tchouameni and Fofana - have been talked about before by some of us, both had decent games so far (both look like they’ve beefed up a bit physically too) particularly Tchouameni (playing as a R8), who was far more proactively involved in this game than some of his earlier games where he looked a bit more tentative (understandable for a kid getting his first few games I guess), big, strong, athletic but also technically good and worked hard to be involved today.

This Monaco side could really do with a bigger presence up front than BenYedder, technically a tidy little player but lacks presence but very lightweight and offers no aerial threat or ability to bully defenders.

I like Disasi. Definitely an upgrade on Kamil Glik. Not the expected Disasi outing. Usually very strong in defensive actions and not getting on enough attacking set-pieces. Today he scored one and got very close to becoming match winner. Didn't look good on the first goal where he lost the aerial to Bilal Toure, who served a perfect ball to Dia. Second goal went through his legs, but as you said, Badiashile and Ballo-Toure should have done better.

Bilal Toure is looking a prospect. Won some aerials even though he's not the tallest, and of course his direct involvement in both goals.

Never been too fussed about Badiashile. Didn't seem as if he could move his feet quick enough, but he did today, when he scored the goal. Overall he played a good game. I'm also gonna keep an eye out for Disasi’s heir the Rugby looking David Luiz clone, Wout Faes. Decent debut from him.

Monaco won't get a better forward than Ben Yedder. They have to move the ball much quicker than they did today. Don’t know if Kovac is the man for the job. Apparently they've focused on gaining high fitness levels in pre-season, which isn’t a bad idea, but they need to do better with the ball. They only scored after corners today. Reims is a well drilled team, but Monaco should still be favourites in a home game like this.

#kovacout

I like Disasi. Definitely an upgrade on Kamil Glik. Not the expected Disasi outing. Usually very strong in defensive actions and not getting on enough attacking set-pieces. Today he scored one and got very close to becoming match winner. Didn't look good on the first goal where he lost the aerial to Bilal Toure, who served a perfect ball to Dia. Second goal went through his legs, but as you said, Badiashile and Ballo-Toure should have done better.

Bilal Toure is looking a prospect. Won some aerials even though he's not the tallest, and of course his direct involvement in both goals.

Never been too fussed about Badiashile. Didn't seem as if he could move his feet quick enough, but he did today, when he scored the goal. Overall he played a good game. I'm also gonna keep an eye out for Disasi’s heir the Rugby looking David Luiz clone, Wout Faes. Decent debut from him.

Monaco won't get a better forward than Ben Yedder. They have to move the ball much quicker than they did today. Don’t know if Kovac is the man for the job. Apparently they've focused on gaining high fitness levels in pre-season, which isn’t a bad idea, but they need to do better with the ball. They only scored after corners today. Reims is a well drilled team, but Monaco should still be favourites in a home game like this.

#kovacout

Kovac was a strange appointment but I thought they actually played reasonably well today, Reims are a pretty well organised side, they make it hard to play through or get behind. I thought Monaco’s midfield was ok today, i thought both Golovin and Tchouameni tried to progress it, I just think that front line is pretty flimsy, Gelson flits about, Yedder is like an industrious Defoe+ and Onyekuru offered very little. I’d also like to see the FB’s offer a bit more going forward too.

Just watching some highlights of the Nimes/Brest game, so this is hardly a qualified heads up, but Nimes LB - Birger Melling (25yo signed from Rosenborg) looked lively, assisted one, then scored a great goal. I know nothing about him, didn't see enough of this game to know if he's any good all round, but might be worth keeping an eye on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom