Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bielsa should be fuming with the stupid cunt that gave that pen away, you work your nuts, put in a great display away at Liverpool and deserve a result, and you piss it away because of some lazy clumsy stupidity in the box.

Bielsa should be fuming with the stupid cunt that gave that pen away, you work your nuts, put in a great display away at Liverpool and deserve a result, and you piss it away because of some lazy clumsy stupidity in the box.
Lazy clumsy stupidity from the 29-year-old Rodrigo that Bielsa just paid 30 million Euros for, who's never been a prolific goalscorer, and astonishingly is Spain's current centre forward.

No wonder Spain continues to give a new meaning to the concept of a "False 9".

Lazy clumsy stupidity from the 29-year-old Rodrigo that Bielsa just paid 30 million Euros for, who's never been a prolific goalscorer, and astonishingly is Spain's current centre forward.

No wonder Spain continues to give a new meaning to the concept of a "False 9".

I know very little about Rodrigo, I caught the odd Valencia game last season but only whilst watching players on other teams mainly, didn't even realise he was 29yo. That's really not spectacular business is it on financial level.

Have you watched much of him, what's he about?

They put the ball in the box more than most teams, definitely way more than we ever do. You cannot get a penalty if you don't attack the opposition penalty area
A London team never gets either of those penalties. Just check the VAR-adjusted table from last year. United & Liverpool get all the half pens, we never get em.

I know very little about Rodrigo, I caught the odd Valencia game last season but only whilst watching players on other teams mainly, didn't even realise he was 29yo. That's really not spectacular business is it on financial level.

Have you watched much of him, what's he about?
He's very mobile and will run all day. Obviously that's a sine qua non for Bielsa.

Rodrigo has had one or two hot streaks when he can't stop scoring over a decade long career, but in the last two seasons he scored 12 in 60 in La Liga for Valencia, so not a prolific finisher. Leeds will probably create lots of chances for him, and it'll be a case of whether he gets his confidence up sparking one of his infrequent scoring sprees. Otherwise he could be another Soldado.

For Spain, I suspect Luis Enrique likes him because he is so much faster & more mobile than say Morata or the ageing Llorente & Diego Costa. Fundamentally, it just shows that Spain are not producing great CFs.

Back
Top Bottom