Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are people really complaining about that penalty?

I hate Liverpool and can't stand the constant BS decisions they get but that was a clear penalty.

If people are upset they should be yelling at the donkey that stuck his leg out making it an easy call.
the guy was diving before the leg went out
it wasn't a clear penalty at all.

Any reason why both the Manchester games have been postponed, BBC just showing as 'other'. What have I missed?
They went deep in the EL/CL, hence the late start for them. Otherwise they'd not have had the 3 weeks required break or whatever

Both good and bad though - their already hectic schedule will be even more congested.

the guy was diving before the leg went out
it wasn't a clear penalty at all.

Its about as clear as it gets. He went down when the contact was made not before. You can complain about Fabinho looking for it but Rodrigo stuck his leg out and that leg made contact with Fabinho.

If that happens to a Spur and the penalty isn't called this place would fucking explode (for good reason) and you would be losing your mind.

I despise Liverpool and wanted them to lose that game but that is a 100% stone cold penalty everyday of the week no matter who is on either end of the play.

They went deep in the EL/CL, hence the late start for them. Otherwise they'd not have had the 3 weeks required break or whatever

Both good and bad though - their already hectic schedule will be even more congested.
Thanks, don't know why they just didn't delay the start of the season anyway. Cancelling the Nations League and maybe the League Cup too would ease the congestion.

Its about as clear as it gets. He went down when the contact was made not before. You can complain about Fabinho looking for it but Rodrigo stuck his leg out and that leg made contact with Fabinho.

If that happens to a Spur and the penalty isn't called this place would fucking explode (for good reason) and you would be losing your mind.

I despise Liverpool and wanted them to lose that game but that is a 100% stone cold penalty everyday of the week no matter who is on either end of the play.
sure
if you say so

sure
if you say so

Its not me saying so it is clear as day in watching the play. If it were up to me I would say its no penalty so Liverpool doesn't get the win.

If you want to bitch about the first call go right ahead but the 2nd penalty is a penalty everyday of the week.

And again, I despise Liverpool and have made that clear in my posts about them on here.

contact doesn't equal foul

modern day PL fan in a nutshell

Thanks, don't know why they just didn't delay the start of the season anyway. Cancelling the Nations League and maybe the League Cup too would ease the congestion.

we have no input on NL - UEFA were never going to do it and FA were never going to fight for it.

LC there was a real case for cancelling making it PL and below.

I don't have high hopes for this season but that would be a pretty big disaster for us if we are that low.

I wouldn’t rule out a top 6 finish for Leeds quite yet. I have a feeling that Liverpool will drop quite a but this season, but if not then you have to respect Leeds for competing as well as they did today. What I saw from Leeds on the pitch today isn’t mid table, but maybe Liverpool is overrated. I don’t know yet.

I wouldn’t rule out a top 6 finish for Leeds quite yet. I have a feeling that Liverpool will drop quite a but this season, but if not then you have to respect Leeds for competing as well as they did today. What I saw from Leeds on the pitch today isn’t mid table, but maybe Liverpool is overrated. I don’t know yet.

Free hit game for Leeds they will do well but are to vulnerable to do that well I reckon

Top 6?

Despite some fans excuses for them they were very good not great in the Championship last season. They had 2 less losses than we did last year and didn't exactly make huge improvements to their club.

I know it was an exciting game and people want to believe that Leeds are back and overrate Bielsa but there is zero reason to think they can get to top 6.

When Wolves came up they had a more impressive Championship season, added Patricio, Jiminez, Traore, Jonny and Mountinho and they could still only get to 7th.

Leeds will play a lot of exciting games but if they play as loose at the back as they did today they will get bit as much as they take down bigger clubs.

Top 6?

Despite some fans excuses for them they were very good not great in the Championship last season. They had 2 less losses than we did last year and didn't exactly make huge improvements to their club.

I know it was an exciting game and people want to believe that Leeds are back and overrate Bielsa but there is zero reason to think they can get to top 6.

When Wolves came up they had a more impressive Championship season, added Patricio, Jiminez, Traore, Jonny and Mountinho and they could still only get to 7th.

Leeds will play a lot of exciting games but if they play as loose at the back as they did today they will get bit as much as they take down bigger clubs.

I can only go by what my eyes saw. I didn’t see a mid table side today. Maybe Liverpool are not a top 2 side in the PL... maybe more like a top 6 side. I don’t know. That’s why I can’t rule out a top 6 finish for Leeds. We can check back on this post at the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom