Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can only go by what my eyes saw. I didn’t see a mid table side today. Maybe Liverpool are not a top 2 side in the PL... maybe more like a top 6 side. I don’t know. That’s why I can’t rule out a top 6 finish for Leeds. We can check back on this post at the end of the season.

I think that is putting a lot of emphasis on the first game of the season after a weird off season versus what we saw all last year and know about the players on their team.

Anything is possible but I am not sure when the last time a team came up from the Championship and finished in the top 6.

As mentioned when Wolves came up they had a pretty strong Championship side and made as many additions as anyone has and even they couldn't make it. Last year Sheffield had everything go right for them and even they couldn't make it. Leeds could have an amazing season and still not finish top 6 because it is very tough to do.

What I saw was a team that played wide open and took advantages of Liverpools mistakes to score some goals and lose the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see many games like that from Leeds this year. They also looked like a team that was getting tired in the last half and didn't have near as much punch as they did early on. I would wonder if that will be a problem going forward and over a long season considering they do not have a ton of depth at all.

We can look back at the end of the season but there isn't really anything in the make up of the team, their past performances, their style of play or historical that would lead us to think that they will finish in the top 6.

Its not me saying so it is clear as day in watching the play. If it were up to me I would say its no penalty so Liverpool doesn't get the win.

If you want to bitch about the first call go right ahead but the 2nd penalty is a penalty everyday of the week.

And again, I despise Liverpool and have made that clear in my posts about them on here.
Well done you
No penalty, the guy picks his feet up and starts going down the split second he touches the ball. Not only is it not a penalty, but he should have been carded

Quick question on something I've missed in both England and Spain...

Why are the United and City games in England and the Madrid and Barça games here listed as "cancelled"?

Is it something to do with Covid?

Quick question on something I've missed in both England and Spain...

Why are the United and City games in England and the Madrid and Barça games here listed as "cancelled"?

Is it something to do with Covid?

Mancs got an extra week off because European fixtures meant they didn't get a minimum length break.

Same with the other 2 maybe?

Something not fair about it all though given Wolves had like the longest 'ever' season.

Last edited:
EhyxpCOWoA0XLPv

v

ss.png

That Leicester lineup...I know they don't have Maddison but man how did the finish 5th.
Wasn't such a bad team last season with players like Schmeichel, Pereira, Söyüncü, Evans, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and Vardy?

I think José would've happily taken 5 of their players.

Back
Top Bottom