Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you see what Lloris did when up against Fernandes pen the other week? Stood up, waited for him ended up looking a bit meh...........

...........Still stuck it to one of the corners though.

You think he’s going to wait but at the last second he bottles it, takes a step to his right and fucks himself.

Forget about takers hitting corners, if they do that the keeper isn’t likely to save it regardless of what he does. They are irrelevant to the theory. It’s every other pen where my theory kicks in.

Looked to me like Neuer might be trying it, but it’s only one pen I’ve seen him and it might have just been a coincidence?

You think he’s going to wait but at the last second he bottles it, takes a step to his right and fucks himself.

Forget about takers hitting corners, if they do that the keeper isn’t likely to save it regardless of what he does. They are irrelevant to the theory. It’s every other pen where my theory kicks in.

Looked to me like Neuer might be trying it, but it’s only one pen I’ve seen him and it might have just been a coincidence?
But I think Lloris is trying to psych him out, I think he's decided that he's staying central but faints to dive to his right in an effort to make sure Fernades doesn't go to the right??? Thing is he sticks it in the corner anyway, in fact, had Lloris do what he normally does and commit to one side (assuming he guesses the correct side) he will save that, as it's not hit with any power at all.

But I think Lloris is trying to psych him out, I think he's decided that he's staying central but faints to dive to his right in an effort to make sure Fernades doesn't go to the right??? Thing is he sticks it in the corner anyway, in fact, had Lloris do what he normally does and commit to one side (assuming he guesses the correct side) he will save that, as it's not hit with any power at all.

Yeah, he doesn't do one thing or the other properly. That's the problem in this case. Big assumption he'd guess right, but yeah, if he'd guessed the right way he would have saved it because it wasn't in the corner and pretty weak. But likewise, because of that, I think if he hadn't fainted right and just waited and reacted he could well have saved it too, for the same reasons. Either way, moot point, because he didn't do either.

Yeah, he doesn't do one thing or the other properly. That's the problem in this case. Big assumption he'd guess right, but yeah, if he'd guessed the right way he would have saved it because it wasn't in the corner and pretty weak. But likewise, because of that, I think if he hadn't fainted right and just waited and reacted he could well have saved it too, for the same reasons. Either way, moot point, because he didn't do either.
Yeah. Not really laying an issue at Lloris door here because I think he's made his mind up to stay central (guessing that it's going central), no different than if he chose to dive right. The problem is by committing to stay central it looks a bit crap and can invite criticism from people who think he's not made an effort. An unforeseen issue when a 'keeper chooses not to dive perhaps?

I think what's moot is that had Fernades gone central and Lloris saved it then it would have been retaken as he was off his line by some margin.

Christiano Ronaldo testing positive for Covid. The one Portugal player to do so.

Obviously out of tomorrow's game and Juve's game on the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom