Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All of this wouldn't have happened if someone had already cleaned his clock for diving. Sometimes you just gotta be proactive.

Still annoys me that we couldn't finish Newcastle off.

Yeh, that's the only real sting in tonight's tale..... We get robbed with a last minute pen.... Utd get a soft one, miss it and still the barcodes crumble with 5 mins left on the clock.

Finally finished second half of the Inter/Milan game. Much scrappier second half. Can’t believe Pioli took Leao off and left Ibra (on a yellow) on that pitch, he barely broke out of a walk second half and was a complete passenger.

Honestly Newcastle are so so bad, their attackers dont know what to do when they get the ball in the opposition half, it's like watching defenders who have got up the field by accident and are in unfamiliar territory, one of their attackers had two defenders against him at 1-1 and one was having to cover a potential pass so all he had to do was the one thing the nearest defender hoped he wouldn't which was run at him and try and beat him, get half a yard on him to have a shot. One-on-one that's it, and a few chances like that and you can score. Instead, they just looked brain dead and let themselves be ushered to the side and then lose the ball because they didn't know what to do with it.

The midfield just stood off and lets Utd have time to pick a pass throught them (whcih Utd still struggled to do). They would shout at each other for being out of position and then not bother themselves when they were out of position, just a group of disjointed inconsistent players that are not playing well together at all.

And the defence was the worst. Look at that fourth goal. Rashford, that's it. One player attacking. Five? defenders in a line though and a goalkeeper, and not one of them goes to the side to pick Rashford up. So of course a pass over the top and Rashford having pace it is a free run at the goalkeeper (whose own positioning was really poor). Absolutely shocking, Sunday league stuff really.

No doubt Sky will say that Utd were brilliant and OGS has fixed the problems emphatically etc. Good, because Utd still looked really shit. Fernandes can finish, I'll give them that, but that's basically all they have going for them.

I also still laugh whenever I hear the words Maguire and Captain in the same sentence from the commentators too.

Anyway, Utd are not a threat to us this season. The results which matter were really good for us today.

Finally finished second half of the Inter/Milan game. Much scrappier second half. Can’t believe Pioli took Leao off and left Ibra (on a yellow) on that pitch, he barely broke out of a walk second half and was a complete passenger.
He needed a voice to hype the players up and keep them concetrated, Romagnoli can't motivate as good as Ibra to be fair...

He needed a voice to hype the players up and keep them concetrated, Romagnoli can't motivate as good as Ibra to be fair...

Honestly, I think Ibrahimovic did very little in this game (apart from two tap ins, one from his missed pen and one gloriously set up by Leao) and I think the decision to keep him on today was bonkers, and to keep him as keep him as an automatic first choice starter will be a mistake if it continues, IMO. For all his "Ibraness" he's really starting to look very lethargic, even more than before and there's a good energy about this Milan side.

Shame Utd got the points but even at 1-1 i thought Newcastle looked awful. Not trying at all, lazy, not bothered. Utd have only just beat them though.

Newcastle are dog shit, they conceded 28 shots today and a similar amount against us. They got humped by Brighton at home. The only reason they have a single point from the last 3 games is because of a VAR miracle at WHL after they played 94 minutes without having a shot on target.

They have only 4 decent players in their XI, Darlow, Shelvey, St Maximin and Wilson. The rest are League One level.

Honestly, I think Ibrahimovic did very little in this game (apart from two tap ins, one from his missed pen and one gloriously set up by Leao) and I think the decision to keep him on today was bonkers, and to keep him as keep him as an automatic first choice starter will be a mistake if it continues, IMO. For all his "Ibraness" he's really starting to look very lethargic, even more than before and there's a good energy about this Milan side.
Luckily for Milan, Conte is a nutter and plays his three at the back even with Skriniar and Bastoni ravaged by Covid.

Newcastle are dog shit, they conceded 28 shots today and a similar amount against us. They got humped by Brighton at home. The only reason they have a single point from the last 3 games is because of a VAR miracle at WHL after they played 94 minutes without having a shot on target.

They have only 4 decent players in their XI, Darlow, Shelvey, St Maximin and Wilson. The rest are League One level.
Lascelles is easily PL quality, and Krafth is good enough for Ligue 1 or a lower Bundesliga team. Otherwise I agree to this analysis.

Back
Top Bottom