Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A decent record.

Nothing special.

No-one mentioned "special".... But, as you were doing, 100 goals in an at times dysfunctional team by the age of 22 is an unrealistic expectation to put upon a player.

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen any improvement in Rashford's game from 2 years ago to now to really think he could be any better.

Like I said. Decent player. Great pace. Not particularly intelligent and not a great finisher. Just plays in a team that's better than 14 of the 20 in the league and will always get chances.

19/20 = 25 goals in 44 apps. = 1.76
18/19 = 13 goals in 47 apps. = 3.61
17/18 = 13 goals in 57 appa. = 4.38

No improvement?

No-one mentioned "special".... But, as you were doing, 100 goals in an at times dysfunctional team before by the age of 22 is an unrealistic expectation to put upon a player.

No, for someone who gets as much hype as he does and the calls for World class, that many Utd fans think he is, a 1 in 3 record is pretty bang average.

Regardless of whether he's playing on the wing or not. He's playing on the wing because he isn't a particularly great centre forward. Which is why 3 managers have decided to play better players there.

His record as a centre forward for Utd is still a goal every 2.6 games..

No, for someone who gets as much hype as he does and the calls for World class, that many Utd fans think he is, a 1 in 3 record is pretty bang average.

Since when did you - The Totti - use Utd. fans as a berometer? :harrysmile:

Give it up, mate... You said it's a "shocking return". It's not.

You said hasn't improved. He clearly has.

Regardless of whether he's playing on the wing or not. He's playing on the wing because he isn't a particularly great centre forward. Which is why 3 managers have decided to play better players there.

His record as a centre forward for Utd is still a goal every 2.6 games..

He's not a CF... This reaching is silly.

Since when did you - The Totti - use Utd. fans as a berometer? :harrysmile:

Give it up, mate... You said it's a "shocking return". It's not.

You said hasn't improved. He clearly has.

I said 13 goals in a season is a shocking return. Is it not!?

Pogba got more than him that season too.

He's not a CF... This reaching is silly.

He's played 96 games as a centre forward for United....

I said 13 goals in a season is a shocking return. Is it not!?

......And since vastly improved upon.

He's played 96 games as a centre forward for United....

So less than half then.... Thus proving he's not a CF..... If he was he'd play there now wouldn't he?

......Instead of them spending money on Ibra, Lukaku & Cavani.

And you came to the rush of a Utd player.

I think its you, who should probably let it go.

Coming from a guy that spends half his time banging on about other clubs players?????

Grow up, mate...

......And since vastly improved upon.

Good for him?

I never said 22 goals in a season wasnt good. It only took him 4 and a half years to break the 13 mark.

So less than half then.... Thus proving he's not a CF..... If he was he'd play there now wouldn't he?

......Instead of them spending money on Ibra, Lukaku & Cavani.

Which means he's also likely played half as a left winger... So which is it?

Not good enough to play CF or?

Coming from a guy that spends half his time banging on about other clubs players?????

Grow up, mate...

Like who?

Good for him?

I never said 22 goals in a season wasnt good. It only took him 4 and a half years to break the 13 mark.

Our exchange started with me responding to your expectation that he should have reached 100 (circa 25 per season) by now.... It was prolonged by your assertion that he hasn't shown improvement.

Which means he's also likely played half as a left winger... So which is it?

Not good enough to play CF or?

.......What's that got to do with his goal tally (other than intentionally muddying the water)?

Unless you're saying a LW should typically score more than a CF? :roll:

Like who?

No one particular player in mind, but don't insult us both by pretending that a vast amount of your posts aren't facts and figures rating or criticising other teams players (which is all that's at play here).

Your "ooohhhh, you're rushing to defend Rashford" comment is just you being a cock. Why not just own it?

Our exchange started with me responding to your expectation that he should have reached 100 (circa 25 per season) by now.... It was prolonged by your assertion that he hasn't shown improvement.

I said I found it amazing that a 23 year old who consistently plays for one of the largest clubs in world football in attack hasn't atleast got 100 goals for the club heading into his 5th year.

Still do.

Wouldn't surprise me if he sti hasn't got 100 by the end of the season either.

.......What's that got to do with his goal tally (other than intentionally muddying the water)?

Unless you're saying a LW should typically score more than a CF? :roll:

I'm saying that he's nearly played the exact same amount of games as a CF as he has at LW. Because he isn't a great centre forward.

Which is why they've done their best to just throw him out wide at every oppertunity due to his lack of all round game.

No one particular player in mind, but don't insult us both by pretending that a vast amount of your posts aren't facts and figures rating or criticising other teams players (which is all that's at play here).

Your "ooohhhh, you're rushing to defend Rashford" comment is just you being a cock. Why not just own it?

Well, I bet you they aren't.

I'll criticise average players. Rarely will I ever get so defensive or jump to the defence of another clubs.

Had a hard enough time defending my own clubs players to Spurs fans over the last year.

I said I found it amazing that a 23 year old who consistently plays for one of the largest clubs in world football in attack hasn't at least got 100 goals for the club heading into his 5th year.

Still do.

Wouldn't surprise me if he sti hasn't got 100 by the end of the season either.

22 years old.
"Largest" but been relatively shit.

25 goals per season.... 4 years in a row?

It's that sense of "amazement" that I brought into question. I stand by that.

(I think you simply made a statement that doesn't bear scrutiny, but you've chosen to double-down.)

I'm saying that he's nearly played the exact same amount of games as a CF as he has at LW. Because he isn't a great centre forward.

Which is why they've done their best to just throw him out wide at every opportunity due to his lack of all round game.

Started wide... Tried at CF..... Preferred out wide (by club, player and England).

Like I suspected, this is just 'pond muddying'.

Well, I bet you they aren't.

I'll criticise average players. Rarely will I ever get so defensive or jump to the defence of another clubs.

Had a hard enough time defending my own clubs players to Spurs fans over the last year.

(Right; so your forum-wide rep for watching a 'bazillian' games a week and having an opinion on all the latest hot topic players is completely unjustified is it?)

You call it "getting so defensive about a Utd player".... It's just a discussion about a player.... Walk away if you're not invested, but childish barbs aren't going to see your opinion prevail.

22 years old.
"Largest" but been relatively shit.

25 goals per season.... 4 years in a row?

It's that sense of "amazement" that I brought into question. I stand by that.

(I think you simply made a statement that doesn't bear scrutiny, but you've chosen to double-down.)

He's 2 days away from being 23. And a few months away from being a Man Utd first team player for 5 years.

So it's about 20 goals a season. I don't think that's unreasonable at all. Considering Utd play in 4 different competitions.

He's played 263 senior games for club and country and hasn't hit 100 goals. Apologies for thinking that's a pretty shoddy return for someone lauded as some top top player.

Started wide... Tried at CF..... Preferred out wide (by club, player and England).

Like I suspected, this is just 'pond muddying'.

He didn't start wide at all. He was a bang average centre forward for their youth team before being called up to the first team during the 2015/16 season where he played 18 of his 20 games as a central forward...

Mourinho came in, realised he was limited as a striker, signed a striker and Rashfords time as a striker was limited, however he did play there 34 times over the next two years under Mourinho and scored a whopping 11 goals when given the chance there.

(Right; so your forum-wide rep for watching a 'bazillian' games a week and having an opinion on all the latest hot topic players is completely unjustified is it?)

You call it "getting so defensive about a Utd player".... It's just a discussion about a player.... Walk away if you're not invested, but childish barbs aren't going to see your opinion prevail.

Me watching football doesn't equate to me criticising players of other clubs though. It equates to me enjoying other games from other leagues...

He's 2 days away from being 23. And a few months away from being a Man Utd first team player for 5 years.

So it's about 20 goals a season. I don't think that's unreasonable at all. Considering Utd play in 4 different competitions.

He's played 263 senior games for club and country and hasn't hit 100 goals. Apologies for thinking that's a pretty shoddy return for someone lauded as some top top player.
There's no need to apologise.

Goal involvement every 1.9 appearances as a Utd senior.

We could go round and round; citing Utd fan hyperbole, trumping 'down' the stats with England, pretending that UTD haven't been in a mess and so forth, but your "amazement" that he hasn't clocked up 100 goals in 4 (and a bit) seasons is vastly overplayed (or as I originally put it "silly") and your claim of "no improvement" is simply false.

He didn't start wide at all. He was a bang average centre forward for their youth team before being called up to the first team during the 2015/16 season where he played 18 of his 20 games as a central forward...

Mourinho came in, realised he was limited as a striker, signed a striker and Rashfords time as a striker was limited, however he did play there 34 times over the next two years under Mourinho and scored a whopping 11 goals when given the chance there.

Right so all that being by the by; playing roughly 40% (approx) of his games in an un-suited position should reflect negative or positively on his productivity???? (No need to answer that.....)

19/20 facts tell us that he is a far more productive WF at 22 and almost double his goal-scoring tally for the previous season in less games.

a) Improvement
b) If he sustains that for 4 seasons in a row that's significantly nearer the 'magic' hundred in seasons mark.
c) If his improvement curve is sustained (which is a reasonable expectation given his age) he'll presumably crack that target.

Not a WC player IMO, but still......

Back
Top Bottom