Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

'Too many balls coming into the Burnley box'​

Brighton 0-0 Burnley
b11c1dfb-d56a-46b1-8712-f75b46c8928e.jpg

Tony Pulis
Former Portsmouth manager on BBC Radio 5 Live
Burnley have got to stop crosses coming into the box. People talk about playing with the ball but you've got to defend well. They need to stop Tariq Lamptey crossing balls into the box, once it's in the box they defend it well but there's too many balls going into the box.

This boy seems the real deal at the moment.

You know Burnley are anti footie when even this guy is bemoaning their play! Wow

'Too many balls coming into the Burnley box'​

Brighton 0-0 Burnley
b11c1dfb-d56a-46b1-8712-f75b46c8928e.jpg

Tony Pulis
Former Portsmouth manager on BBC Radio 5 Live
Burnley have got to stop crosses coming into the box. People talk about playing with the ball but you've got to defend well. They need to stop Tariq Lamptey crossing balls into the box, once it's in the box they defend it well but there's too many balls going into the box.

This boy seems the real deal at the moment.

Might watch this game. BBC line ups suggest KWP playing as a WB.

Southampton​

• 1McCarthy
  • 35Bednarek
  • 4Vestergaard
  • 5Stephens
  • 2Walker-Peters
  • 8Ward-Prowse
  • 6Romeu
  • 12Djenepo
  • 32Walcott
  • 17Armstrong
  • 10Adams

Substitutes​

• 7Long
  • 11Redmond
  • 23Tella
  • 27Diallo
  • 31Ramsay
  • 40N'Lundulu
  • 44Forster

Newcastle​

• 26Darlow
  • 23Murphy
  • 5Schär
  • 6Lascelles
  • 18Fernández
  • 15Lewis
  • 36S Longstaff
  • 16Hendrick
  • 24Almirón
  • 13C Wilson
  • 10Saint-Maximin

Substitutes​

• 2Clark
  • 4M Longstaff
  • 7Carroll
  • 9Joelinton
  • 14Hayden
  • 19Manquillo
  • 29Gillespie

Got to feel for Brighton, every single game I seen them play they've been really good.

EmKd_vcWoAIUcft

I mean it feels like they post numbers like this every week but pick up fuck all. I understand why this happens against a top side, as when you come up against a team with Kane or Son in it they only need half a chance. But they should have a hatful of points by now.

I was very wrong about Che Adams. Really thought very little of him when I first saw him early last season, but his play has improved so much over the last 6 months. Confidence, coaching and physical sharpness. Pulling for Bergwijn to kick on in a similar way over the next 4/5 months.

Southampton top. What a job Hassenhuttl is doing.

Who'd have thought this after losing their opening 2, one of which was losing 2-5 at home.

Southampton's vertical quick transition football creates lost of great situations, you can't help wondering how much more effective it would be with some real quality attacking players, they piss away so many situations with a poor final choice or execution.

That said, though Djenepo is obviously still pretty raw, and is one of those who's end product is a bit hit and miss, I quite like the look of him.....and as I type this he produces a lovely bit of skill to set up Walcott who - again - pisses it away....

Got to feel for Brighton, every single game I seen them play they've been really good.

EmKd_vcWoAIUcft

I mean it feels like they post numbers like this every week but pick up fuck all. I understand why this happens against a top side, as when you come up against a team with Kane or Son in it they only need half a chance. But they should have a hatful of points by now.
Their forwards have midfielder like skill sets, they are probably going to continue underperforming their xG. While we will overperform ours!

Think it was Igula Igula who was absolutely thrashing Brighton a few games ago, while I was bigging them up. Think I'll concede this one.

Back
Top Bottom