Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

16 goals in 12 games... 2 group games to play before any real tough KO games that would slow him down.

He needs 4 more goals in less than 12 games to beat it.

Like you say - he'll probably do that in 2.

Scary talent - one of which, no one had really known last year. Just shows you that there is talent out there with the right scouting.

He needs 4 more goals in less than 12 games to beat it.

Like you say - he'll probably do that in 2.

Scary talent - one of which, no one had really known last year. Just shows you that there is talent out there with the right scouting.
TBF, by the rumors, we also inquired for Haaland, but looks like the Bundesliga development ground is more appealing to young players nowadays. We missed out on Sancho when he fleed Manchester for same reason. Well it's part of the parcel of being in tough league and having good competition within the squad.

Haaland would have been perfect though. He can play with Kane. Guess we just have to do well ourselves and position ourselves so that when it's his time to step up, we're a great destination.

Last edited:
Just got to half time in the PSG/RBL game. Cracking half of football in terms of intensity and aggression, RBL dominating the ball, just lacking the requisite quality in attacking areas to really make it count, but fair play to PSG, they worked really hard, pressed the ball really well, especially in middle/deep areas.

Haidara starting to look more like the promising player he was at RBS, some nice composed touches under pressure, playing more as an 8 tonight, I still think he could do a decent 6/hybrid/DP type job, but either way looks like a kid with a nice rounded midfield skill set in the making. Sabitzer doing a decent job in the holding/6 role and both Konate and Upamecano having decent halves, both bringing the ball out well at times.

Game nicely balanced as PSG carry enormous threat on the break.

Not sure I misread the RBL structure first half, it looked like a 433/4121 but it's definitely looking like an orthodox 4231 (maybe it was that in the first half and I was too busy enjoying the game to figure it out) with Sabitzer/Haidara as the CM2/DP - bodes well for our interest in either player (particularly Sabitzer who we've been heavily linked with.

And as I type this Orban comes on, maybe they are switching to a 3 at the back now...strange?

That was a cracking game, very little by way of goal mouth action, by high on intensity from both sides. RBL continued to push all second half, but PSG defended extremely well. Even more impressive than PSG's ability to keep RBL's slightly meh attacking quality at bay, was the ability of RBL to dominate the ball and pitch but also simultaneously keeping PSG's high quality attack from creating anything on the counter.

Collectively RBL were extremely impressive, relentless work rate and ability to press the ball for 90 minutes, the move the ball well at times, just let down by a lack of individual quality, especially in the final third areas.

Inter v Real Madrid is a knockout tie by the look of it.
Whoever loses that is out of the Champions League and playing for a Europa place.
I wouldn't mind Real Madrid in the Europa final to be honest, Jose would love it and Bale would score the winner.

Gonna go for Inter - Real tonight.

As well as being interesting, that group is one of only two really (RBL, PSG, UTD) where a proper good side could drop into the EL.

really any of Shaktar, Real Madrid, Inter or Monchengladbach could drop down.

Inter v Real Madrid is a knockout tie by the look of it.
Whoever loses that is out of the Champions League and playing for a Europa place.
I wouldn't mind Real Madrid in the Europa final to be honest, Jose would love it and Bale would score the winner.

Jesus no, my Heart couldn't take that .

Only thing worse would be playing the goons

If Inter wins tonighr, I think that's it for Zidane. He can't survive getting out in the group stage.

Poch takes over, reaches EL Final against Spurs, Madrid win, Sammy spontaneously combusts.

Would I take that outcome?

Confused Larry David GIF

Troy works space for a shot and wins a foul in the process on the edge of the area. Milwall score direct from the free kick. 1-0 just as the game entered 1st half time added on.

Back
Top Bottom