Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can see that he is not ideal for the way Conte wants to play, but that Gagliardini guy was seriously useless, Eriksen on one leg is better than him.

I can't say that I pay attention very much, but a lot of people on the Forza Inter forums aren't sold on Eriksen, but can't believe that Gagliardini starts ahead of him.

I can't say that I pay attention very much, but a lot of people on the Forza Inter forums aren't sold on Eriksen, but can't believe that Gagliardini starts ahead of him.

Conte certainly has his favorites.

Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso were his bloody wing backs.

Gladbach completely shut down tonight but still made it through.

If Inter don't go on a strong run in the league now then Conte has to go.

Lukaku will always be a meme player

:dembelelol: :dembelelol:

That’s so poor from him, ball is nowhere close to him yet he doesn’t even attempt to get onside, he’s just watching the ball.

Even if the header manages to miss him, a goal would’ve likely been called back by VAR for “offside player in the keeper’s view”.

Yup but both cost a fortune to buy, so people expect a player able to play fairly quickly. And 18 months after their move 'doing ok' is not a ringing endorsement

Both rumoured to want to move, and can't see their current club getting their money back ?

And we won't talk about Davy Klaasen, now back at Ajax via Everton and Bremen.

Same story really with Sanchez cost £42m (?) 3 years ago and 'doing ok' at Spurs

Learning from that.......don't pay anything like Ajax asking price citing the track record of their recent sales

I'm not arguing that nobody's overpaid for some of Ajax's players, including us, I just think you need to judge each deal on it's own merits, past and future, not rule out ever buying form them.

I'm not arguing that nobody's overpaid for some of Ajax's players, including us, I just think you need to judge each deal on it's own merits, past and future, not rule out ever buying form them.

But its the fact that pretty much all Ajax's young players moving on have proved to have been 'flattered' by the system played at Ajax to look better/more experienced, means its very much 'caveat emptor' (let the buyer beware) when buying Ajax.

And maybe consider other clubs youngsters atm instead who maybe as good and cheaper than Ajax ?

But its the fact that pretty much all Ajax's young players moving on have proved to have been 'flattered' by the system played at Ajax to look better/more experienced, means its very much 'caveat emptor' (let the buyer beware) when buying Ajax.

And maybe consider other clubs youngsters atm instead who maybe as good and cheaper than Ajax ?

Buyer should always be beware. Again, I'm not advocating we overpay for players, and also have always cautioned against buying system players for different types of coaches/systems.

Three or four players have gone for inflated fees, but I don't necessarily think De Ligt at 21 (with two titles and a bunch of Cl experience) is behind his development curve. And I still think De Jong is an outstanding, multi faceted footballer who'll have a good career (I think Bayern would really suit him right now). I don't think either of those players were only "system" relevant/compatible.

Sanchez/Klassen, absolutely, daft money but others have got value out of Ajax -Dest 20m, Sinkgraven 5m etc.

All I'm saying is judge each deal/player on it's own merit.

Back
Top Bottom