Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with the last bit.

There are some prem players that should not have played that level. I've also seen non-league players that are really good and could have played higher but never got the chance.

One of the biggest changes is that the academy systems at most clubs start so young now. It's like a clone factory. They all have similar set ups so more and more you get neat and tidy players like wright, White, Skipp, Winks etc...

So then you need to show something special to make that step to the top level.

Yep.

Anton Ferdinand was one who said it was who he knew, and who he was related to, that got him as far as it did.

Scary to know how much talent could have possibly missed out on lucrative careers due to silly little things.

I think Vardy was only signed by Leicester because of his performances in the FA Cup for example.

Last edited:
Just finished the Rennes/Lyon game. Lyon got out of jail in this one. Not exactly a thriller, Rennes are rarely an exciting watch they are really meh personnel wise in forward areas - but are very well set up tactically - their 1-4 midfield had smothered Lyon's and Rennes were pretty much cruising in this one, Lyon offering very little, then out of the blue a couple of goals in the space of a couple of minutes late on and Lyon have nicked an unlikely point.

IMG-20210111-WA0001.jpg

Damsgaard starting for Sampdoria in 15 minutes if anybody wants to have a look at him.

Lad up top for Spezia, M'Bala Nzola has 8 goals in his last 9 league games. I've never seen him play, but linked with West Ham.

No FA Cup thread it seems so I'll say this here, how fucking typical we get two away draws back to back, apart from the Carabao Cup I can't remember the last time we got a home draw.

Can't believe Utd can go top tonight.

Might mean they try and stifle Liverpool at the weekend though and be happy with a draw which suits us if we can pick up 6 points from our next two games against teams 18th and 20th

I for one, look forward to Mee and Tarkowski smashing Cavani into tonight!

I also feel Wood and Barnes can bully Maguire and Lindelof.

Don't sleep on Burnley peeps!

**I need all these guys to be fit obv!

Hope Sheff Utd beat Newcassssel, they can get their first win of the season out of their system before reverting to the shite they were before
I dunno..having the media favorites last year, (after the dippers, of course), i would be highly amused if they manage to go down with single figure points.

Every sympathy for them over the way they were cheated (and they were cheated) over the Tevez/ Mascherano affair, but bollocks, my amusement takes priority

Hows the snow, William?

I dunno..having the media favorites last year, (after the dippers, of course), i would be highly amused if they manage to go down with single figure points.

Every sympathy for them over the way they were cheated (and they were cheated) over the Tevez/ Mascherano affair, but bollocks, my amusement takes priority

Hows the snow, William?
Melting extremely slowly, we had a foot in our garden so it'll hang around for a while yet. Temperature -10C tonight

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom