Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look at the how Fernandez took that corner. That is a foul placement of the ball.
I just don't understand why they need to try to make a game how far out they can put the ball while it still technically being over the line. Like that 1 or 2mm is going to have any effect.

So, what minute do United get their pen?
93rd.

tenor.gif

I just don't understand why they need to try to make a game how far out they can put the ball while it still technically being over the line. Like that 1 or 2mm is going to have any effect.
If we just let every thing marginal thing go, then there is no point to all the lines, and VAR for all those marginal check for offside, penalty or free kick...

When professional players, and every other set piece takers all want to cheat those marginal milimeter, surely there are some benefits?

Look at the how Fernandez took that corner. That is a foul placement of the ball.
It isn't though, if you took an aerial view of the ball some of it would be touching the line, which is the rule.

It's exactly the same principle as goal-line technology - part of the ball touching the line: not a goal/legitimate ball placement.

As to whether it confers any advantage compared to the traditional on-the-line-of-the-quadrant-or-behind-it way we were used to is another question of course.

It isn't though, if you took an aerial view of the ball some of it would be touching the line, which is the rule.

It's exactly the same principle as goal-line technology - part of the ball touching the line: not a goal/legitimate ball placement.

As to whether it confers any advantage compared to the traditional on-the-line-of-the-quadrant-or-behind-it way we were used to is another question of course.
I meant the one before Maguire disallowed goal. It's not even marginal.

Back
Top Bottom