Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rumours point to him getting a called up for the German NT.

Seems some his Bayern teammates are hoping to convince him to opt for Germany instead.

Wouldn't surprise me, tbh.

To be fair to him, he was born in Germany and has a German mother, so it's not like he'd just randomly decide to play for them. It's probably like he was only really playing for England youth because he was playing for Chelsea at the time.

Expanding on this further, and apologies if this is not the place for it or it is being discussed elsewhere, but to me the take away from Ben White shouldn't be so much that he is overrated but why are there so few English CB's that can play the ball, what can be done about it and is this not an area that Spurs could exploit potentially?

Obviously the French are currently killing it with this type of CB and they could potentially go 10 deep, maybe more, before you would get an English CB ahead of a French player. Why can't the English develop even one or two at this level? Who is currently the best Stones? Is there anyone else?

I am not as familiar with the youth systems over there as I am sure that many are, but surely this is something Spurs could focus on. There must be a ton of young, athletic, big kids in the London area they can identify early on and develop into this type of player.

Probably a discussion for a different area, and I am likely missing a ton that other will point out, but it seems like the English system is still stuck in the past with regards to needing, big, tough, hard men in the middle that yell and boss the other guys around when it is not the way teams are succeeding currently.
I think the answer is that the potential English CBs need to be loaned more frequently to the lower leagues to find that lower league magical making elixir they hand out down there apparently. When they come back from being forged at Luton they will be the next Nesta.

Step 1: Lower league loan
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Ballon d'Or and silverware.

Co Coms in Chavs game after Werner shot......

"quite often you can beat the keeper at their near post if you aim high"

All we normally hear..........
Lloris should be saving that at his near post.

But yes I think England likely could use improvement all over, although not sure a Canadian saying that on this site will go over well!
You're part of the commonwealth so they should take it in stride. And we know you're bound to apologize if they don't.

Wouldn't surprise me, tbh.

To be fair to him, he was born in Germany and has a German mother, so it's not like he'd just randomly decide to play for them. It's probably like he was only really playing for England youth because he was playing for Chelsea at the time.
I not well versed on either national team but based off recent call-ups for both, Musiala would've less competition on Germany.

Compare Harvetz, Draxler, Amiri, and Brandt to players like Mount, Grealish, Foden, and Bellingham....he'll get more chances with the former than the latter. Harvetz is the only one I see Germany NT sticking with post 2022 WC.

Just catching up on the Bayern highlights, that was a perfect through ball from Mussacio to Lewandowski for the first goal.

Of course the fact that Mussacio plays for Lazio might take away somewhat, it was a perfect pass from him.

Just catching up on the Bayern highlights, that was a perfect through ball from Mussacio to Lewandowski for the first goal.

Of course the fact that Mussacio plays for Lazio might take away somewhat, it was a perfect pass from him.
4th goal was autogoal by Acerbi, he wanted to outdo Mussachio.

Back
Top Bottom