Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What are the conditions of Foyth's buy clause? Much improved player after putting together twenty or so games for Villareal and worth having in the squad next year imo.

What are the conditions of Foyth's buy clause? Much improved player after putting together twenty or so games for Villareal and worth having in the squad next year imo.
I said he would be a very good player if given time. Now Villareal can snap him for some bananas thanks to the special one infinite wisdom.

So what did he get right?
Not the point in contention. Nor is it my obligation to support that point. You made an assertion based in conventional English football wisdom and I challenged you to support it. Again, why don't you take me up on my challenge for another game...from the start, that is, if you think this "he got the lineup wrong" thinking is sound?

I was always in favor of him getting more game time to see how he would work out, but never did much with the opportunities he had. The hard thing with many players is that the culture of the team, the coaching, and style of play can be as or more important as game time in a player's success. Even with a run of games now and performing more steadily, no guarantees that he would come back and be able to perform still for us.

Not the point in contention. Nor is it my obligation to support that point. You made an assertion based in conventional English football wisdom and I challenged you to support it. Again, why don't you take me up on my challenge for another game...from the start, that is, if you think this "he got the lineup wrong" thinking is sound?
I said by challenging the notion that the manager was great or good for making tactical subs in the first half was a good thing by asserting if any manager has to make subs (which aren't enforced via injury) in the first-half points to the possibility that the manager got his team selection wrong.

I fail to see what is contentious about this take. If he thought his selection and tactics were spot-on, why is he making the change?

What does that have to do with "English football wisdom"? What is English football wisdom?"

Again, watching the game real time I didn't notice any tactical variation from how they were playing from before to after his substitutions, maybe there was something significant to their shape, their patterns of play if there were I didn't notice anything. Without the ball, I didn't notice any change to how they were playing, looked exactly the same to me.

So maybe it wasn't tactically but maybe a player was struggling with an aspect of the game he was tasked to do? I don't know.

I do acknowledge that making the changes is better than not addressing them until half-time of whatever, but as alluded to above I missed what specifically those changes did, it appeared to make no difference to my eye. So, why not make that change on the fly by shifting/shuffling the players already on the field? Were his instructions to his player(s) so specific that the only man available to cover the instruction was on the bench?

It's no big deal, I don't really care but to assert that a manager is doing great for changing something that he might of overlooked/got wrong shouldn't be painted as great thing, especially if it's not obvious what the initial error or issues he wasn't happy looked not to be addressed. (He may well have been very happy with the impact his subs made BTW and it's me that failed to spot what they were).

As for your challenge, I don't get it. What do you want me to do for another game?

Imagine Slavia vs Dinako in semifinal. Mental.
Villareal played really well and they got their lead on penalty. Dinamo scored from minimum offside. It will be great 2nd leg. Really proud where our football came from being farmers lol

Imagine Slavia vs Dinako in semifinal. Mental.
Villareal played really well and they got their lead on penalty. Dinamo scored from minimum offside. It will be great 2nd leg. Really proud where our football came from being farmers lol

Highlights how Europa wrongly is seen as a hindrance to most English clubs.

An attitude that will be tenfold worse in this shitty conference cup

The best thing about tonight is Chelsea winning.
saying jeff goldblum GIF

Dr Rocktopus Dr Rocktopus NW1Spur NW1Spur

:troll:

0-0 Fulham v Wolves. 10 mins to go. Only just started watching
Anyone watched the whole game to give a scouting report on possible Spurs targets?

Back
Top Bottom