Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What’s even worse is that Tielemans is a player we looked at signing on loan when we sold Dembele but Levy again refused to pay even a loan fee.

He has fucked us with his penny pinching. Nobody is asking him to buy multiple £50m players but he has failed to protect the teams position in the CL by continually refusing to bring new talent to the team even when the price is affordable.

I bet he wishes he’d spent the £25m on Grealish now. He needs to understand that you have to keep spending to stay in the CL. You can’t afford to let the team go stale. By refusing to spend anything serious we’ve cost ourselves £100m in CL money.

Would we be where we are now if we’d signed Grealish and Tielemans 2 years ago? We all know the answer. Levy put his trust in Winks and Sissoko instead of new players and here we are.
Poch absolutely did not want him

big clubs win trophies, we haven't won one in 20 years, they are a bigger club than us and more ambitious.

Deal with it.

Disagree with this all you like mug.
Strange one mate ? They are many things right now like you alude to ... ambition plus making good transfer choices, including signing the manager, drive etc

but the one thing Leicester city are not is a bigger club. Simply put that’s not the case

Strange one mate ? They are many things right now like you alude to ... ambition plus making good transfer choices, including signing the manager, drive etc

but the one thing Leicester city are not is a bigger club. Simply put that’s not the case
You only have to read his comments in the political threads to realise his opinion isn't worth shit.

You only have to read his comments in the political threads to realise his opinion isn't worth shit.
I only stick to football on this forum doc ....,there’s enough battle lines drawn and fought over and that’s with a common interest ..., we all support Spurs

i can only imagine how those threads not spurs manifest.

prior to that post I thought he was quite articulate so I was slightly surprised

Last edited:
I only stick football on this forum doc ....,there’s enough battle lines drawn and fought over and that’s with a common interest ..., we all support Spurs

i can only imagine how those threads not spurs manifest.

prior to that post I thought he was quite articulate so I was a slightly surprised
Probably wise. I try to avoid the political threads these days. I just remember him being of the 'poor people deserve to suffer because they're all lazy scroungers' mindset.

Probably wise. I try to avoid the political threads these days. I just remember him being of the 'poor people deserve to suffer because they're all lazy scroungers' mindset.
Yeah it’s plenty easy enough to fall out as it is, without adding heavily divisive political opinions into the mix

I think we lost a good football poster .... totti...on a political pov.

You notice with mount the better he got the further up the field he’s pushed. He’s moved forward where he doesn’t look out of place playing in any of the attacking slots aside from striker as well as an orthodox midfield 8

you compare that with winks who’s game fell off and regressed further away from those pertinent positions. Of course unfortunately for winks he doesn’t have the requisite defensive attributes to cover for those deficiencies which have caused him to be played away from the final third.

It’s good news for England. Rice was back yesterday too so should get some games under his belt before the Euros.

From a footballing point of view I'm delighted that Leicester beat Chelsea. Couldn't bear to see them win the FA Cup then have a shot at the Champions League in the same season.

Amazing goal by Youri Tielimans, two great saves from Kasper Schmeical and a VAR decision really sum up what the FA Cup is about. Quality and fair bit of luck..

I must admit though, I don't get all the hype around Leicester. I've been following Tottenham there on away days numerous seasons in recent years and I just can't stand the fans, I hate the atmosphere at the club too. It has proper small club mentality but in with the big boys.

It drives me mad though when I hear pundits bang on about Leicester 'breaking into the top 6' and 'this is what other clubs should aspire to be' the club that initially done this was.... Tottenham. Also, it wasn't the top 6 then it was the top 4.

We should have won trophies but for some stupid reason we have never been able to.

Got a lot of family there so give me some notice before you order a strike

Maybe the atmosphere for away fans and teams is exactly what they want. I'd be more interested in when we host teams.

Your labelling of what Leicester are, is exactly why there is hype about them.. they fell away last year but we're up there in the top 4 last couple of years. We on the other hand are a big club with a small club mentality. We think are one of the big boys but when it comes down to it we win fuck all. 3 cups in 30 years. Our name is only what it is because of the players we sell to big teams. It's time we stop thinking we are a big club. Just fucking get down to hard graft and get in a proper structure into the football management side with a good coach, director of football and decent head of recruitment etc. We have to start winning things
Basically, Leiecster have fulfilled the remit of a Top 4/6 PL side these past few years....

They've won the League, and now the FA Cup, yes they've been in and out of Top 4 in that time, but most Top 6 sides would expect to do that.

They've not won something EVERY year, 'cos that's the expectation/demands of only a select 2 or 3 these days.... but they've shown immense progress in that time.

Our CL Final appearance felt like a blip at the time.... now it just feels like a lifetime away, and some weird hallucination.... did it REALLY happen?

It'll be interesting to see if Leiecster ever make it to a CL Final (something tells me UEFA wouldn't allow it, and made sure it DIDN'T HAPPEN sonehow....)
But in every other respect, they've pretty much replaced OUR role in the Top 6.... that shoulda/woulda/coulda been us!

Now excuse me, 'cos I've got to go visit my Auntie/Uncle in hospital.... he/she's just had her/his bollocks removed!!!!

He won’t come .... shame I think he’s a decent fit for us . Although perhaps less so now as he’s not the bottle job he was sold as

cemented Leicester in top 4 and gone and won the FA cup

and not against Hull et al like that jammy woolwich mob

Super manager. Not sure there is or can be a debate on it..

If Mourinho with what some people think are 2 world class players had done what Rodgers had done, even without the style of football, or Pochettino, then it would be give them a contract extension PDQ.

As stated many posters on here haven't got a clue.

Rodgers is likely (Not definite) set for bigger things. His problem is how you replace what Vardy gives Leicester. It is as great if not greater than what Kane gives us. I suspect however that in the next couple of years Rodgers gets sought by one of the bigger clubs, with respect to Leicester.

No calling them a one-off anymore though. They have more than arrived and arguably deserve their place at the top table more than us.

If Mourinho with what some people think are 2 world class players had done what Rodgers had done, even without the style of football, or Pochettino, then it would be give them a contract extension PDQ.

Rodgers is likely (Not definite) set for bigger things. His problem is how you replace what Vardy gives Leicester. It is as great if not greater than what Kane gives us. I suspect however that in the next couple of years Rodgers gets sought by one of the bigger clubs, with respect to Leicester.

No calling them a one-off anymore though. They have more than arrived and arguably deserve their place at the top table more than us.
He’s got to get the job at Chelsea I’d imagine at some stage

You think sammyspurs sammyspurs is a good poster, and you're clearly a Chelsea fan. Bit rich talking about people not having a clue given the amount of crap you post (when you can get a half intelligible sentence out).

Eh? I’ll grant ya we’d have been better off keeping him and just stumping up the bangers for hojbjerg and maybe there’s an alternative universe that Walker-Peters is worth north of 36m because it’s not this one

It doesn't matter whether you or I think he is or not. As a young (23) English player that has had a good season for Southampton an still has plenty of room to improve further, Southampton would probably be asking for more than that.

You think sammyspurs sammyspurs is a good poster, and you're clearly a Chelsea fan. Bit rich talking about people not having a clue given the amount of crap you post (when you can get a half intelligible sentence out).

Mate, if posters on this board can see beyond their subjective positions they will accept many of my posts hit that nail right on its head.

I take zero pleasure in calling it right but I think my posts are there to be read and if posters can be objective they will see them for the accuracy they merit.

That you and a few others think different is no issue.

As for Sammyspurs, like all of us he has his faults but has also called it right more often than not.

Children of limited intellect would question my support.

Back
Top Bottom