Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting on Leicester, who could conceivably and I think probably miss out on CL qualification.

I bet every one of their players would still rather have won the FA Cup.

The CL is a misnomer of a competition designed purely for one thing.

They definitely seem to be feeling the pressure. This is nothing like the Lille of last week's round.

To give St. Etienne their due, Puel has turned them around and they have won like 5 out of their last 6 games. So they are in fine form.
There goalie is one that maybe a few English clubs will be looking at as he is English and looked quite good from what I saw.

There goalie is one that maybe a few English clubs will be looking at as he is English and looked quite good from what I saw.
Bit of a Dier scenario when it comes to his homegrown status since he has lived in France since he was 4. But he seems a promising young goalie. He's not even their first choice. He's fought his way into the lineup.

Say what you like about the Premier League, but there isn't another top league on the planet where already relegated teams still put in as much effort as West Brom and Sheffield United did this weekend against Liverpool and Everton respectively.

Bit of a Dier scenario when it comes to his homegrown status since he has lived in France since he was 4. But he seems a promising young goalie. He's not even their first choice. He's fought his way into the lineup.
Ah ok, was very commanding took everything out of the air and made a brilliant save near the end.

Say what you like about the Premier League, but there isn't another top league on the planet where already relegated teams still put in as much effort as West Brom and Sheffield United did this weekend against Liverpool and Everton respectively.
eeh,

Long relegated Schalke put in their performance of the season this weekend to fuck over Frankfurt in the hunt for Champions League football. It happens in other leagues as well.

Since when has the German league been a top league? I'm talking about the EPL, La Liga and Serie A.
The Bundesliga has been the third biggest/strongest league in the world for a while now.

Serie A declined heavily after the Calciopoli scandal and the Bundesliga took its place in the top 3.

It has the third highest UEFA coefficient as well. So its position as the third biggest league in the world is based on merit.

The Bundesliga has been the third biggest/strongest league in the world for a while now.

Serie A declined heavily after the Calciopoli scandal and the Bundesliga took its place in the top 3.

It's still shite. I watch it whenever I can as it's highly entertaining due to the lack of any sort of quality at the back, but outside of Bayern the standard is pretty shocking. Despite Serie A having a slump and not being quite what it once was some ago I still consider it a much stronger league than the Bundesliga overall. The latter is on par with the French league.

It's still shite. I watch it whenever I can as it's highly entertaining due to the lack of any sort of quality at the back, but outside of Bayern the standard is pretty shocking. Despite Serie A having a slump and not being quite what it once was some ago I still consider it a much stronger league than the Bundesliga overall. The latter is on par with the French league.
And that is your opinion.

The majority opinion is that the Bundesliga ranks higher than Serie A and is a bigger and better league.

Last edited:
Congrats, Bluedog , well deserved :adesalute:
Thanks very much, that's kind. I didn't realise how much I wanted us to win that until we did - before I was " top 4 over FA cup" but it meant so much to us, never having won it, that I'll actually be ok if we slide out now.
Seriously hope you guys get sorted for next season - your "Poch in his pomp" era was great to watch.

Interesting on Leicester, who could conceivably and I think probably miss out on CL qualification.

I bet every one of their players would still rather have won the FA Cup.

The CL is a misnomer of a competition designed purely for one thing.
That Alisson goal yesterday soon sobered them up....Winner takes all against Chelsea tomorrow night I think the way things are panning out....

Back
Top Bottom