Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Getting back to VAR, I think that Bamford goal is a "VAR offside" goal in the sense that with his lean he's probably in front of the last defender. We've seen countless goals like that chopped off this season due to VAR. Why was it not even checked this time?

Frankly, I think it's a completely fine goal but I'm not fine with them picking and choosing when to use their ridiculous interpretation of the rule and technology.

It reeks of corruption.

Watching some of the Brighton game and their pressing and lack of aggression is very poor. We have enough lazy players in our squad that we need a Poch/Bielsa/Klopp to come in and set the standards for effort and fitness. Don't think Potter will do that and we will retain our soft underbelly if he's the next manager.

Watching some of the Brighton game and their pressing and lack of aggression is very poor. We have enough lazy players in our squad that we need a Poch/Bielsa/Klopp to come in and set the standards for effort and fitness. Don't think Potter will do that and we will retain our soft underbelly if he's the next manager.
Or, we could get rid of those players as many have already shown that lack of aggression is not the most damning football deficiency.

Re: Bamford

I just don't know what to make of this kid. He's netted 16 goals so far this season which is certainly impressive. When I watch him play though he looks really wasteful to me and I'm unconvinced of his finishing ability. Yet he makes very intelligent runs and uses space very well. He's a striker that needs a high volume of shots in order to be successful.

Not sure if he'd succeed at a bigger club or not, strange one.

In as much as he’s a poor man’s Sabitzer I guess?
He's the type of player who doesn't seem to have a natural position. He gives them quite a lot of dynamism going forward, to be fair to him. Good for Hassenhuttl's transition football.

I think Diallo can still pull it out of the fire, but they are saying he is too small, basically, and I think his confidence has taken a bit of a hit.

He's a striker that needs a high volume of shots in order to be successful.
Interesting critique coming from our particularly clear glass house. And while you credit his other work, this also assumes that scoring goals is the only measure of success for a striker.

He's a good player that causes problems for an opponent's backline and sets the press his team. What more is to be made of him?

Back
Top Bottom