Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spanish teams are also much better building good sides with tiny budgets than English ones. Even tho obviously the Spanish pool player is better and way less expensive. Villarreal as the budget of a team like Sheffield for Christ sake
This is a huge part of it, plus, once you get outside the top 15 or so clubs by revenue in Europe, the price of transfers (and wages) goes down immensely.

Also, Villareal's coach has experience in this competition and is a much, much better manager than United's, so he's getting a lot more out of the total talent of his squad.

Second in EPL and EL finalist? have to disagree
Potter is a much better manager than Ole and Brighton finished 16th. Emery got shitcanned from Woolwich and finished 7th in La Liga and he's clearly better.

Expectations, squad quality and performances are huge determinants for manager evaluation. Otherwise you'd just say the managers are ranked 1-20 based on the table.

Last edited:
"Not the result most of the people in the UK wanted"

... not sure where you're getting your data from on that one.
"Wait, let me double check...ah yes, that makes more sense, this IS the result most in the UK wanted because United are a bunch of twats. Got it."

I thought Rashford was particularly bad. It seemed like he lost the ball every time he touched it. Don't know if the stats will back that up. I am not convinced he is anything more than a decent pl player.

He's showed plenty of times he's a very good player. He's scored against some huge clubs. But he's been playing with an injury all season and at the end of the day, he doesn't pick himself. Even when he's clearly not match fit Ole starts him, hoping for one piece of magic, and that's not on Rashford.

That said he's always been a streaky player though. He'll have 9 or 10 games where he looks almost Mbappe level and then play 10 where he looks like Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Chappelle Show Lol GIF

These United pundits think because they played for the club during its most successful period, the club has a right to win forever. I really fucking hate it. I hear it all the time. Especially as they were wanking each other off over the failure of the ESL and how competitive the PL is.

Potter is a much better manager than Ole and Brighton finished 16th. Emery got shitcanned from Woolwich and finished 7th in La Liga and he's clearly better.

Expectations, squad quality and performances are huge determinants for manager evaluation. Otherwise you'd just say the managers are ranked 1-20 based on the table.
I've always liked Unai Emery. Had to put it on hold obviously, but he is a first class manager. I thought he was treated like dirt by Dial Square and their idiot fans but it might be that he's better suited to smaller teams punching up.

The shit he got for having - heaven forbid - a foreign accent looked utterly embarrassing from afar

I've always liked Unai Emery. Had to put it on hold obviously, but he is a first class manager. I thought he was treated like dirt by Dial Square and their idiot fans but it might be that he's better suited to smaller teams punching up.

The shit he got for having - heaven forbid - a foreign accent looked utterly embarrassing from afar
True. His English wasn’t that bad. Mourinho stills says “I sink” almost 20 years later

True. His English wasn’t that bad. Mourinho stills says “I sink” almost 20 years later
Bang on, his English was fine considering it was his first year living in the country. Conte has a strong Italian accent, Guardiola (who speaks excellent English in general) makes his fair share of mistakes, as do I in Spanish, even after 30 years here. As does every single person who has learnt a foreign language.

It's so parochial, especially given that, in general, British people have the foreign language skills of my deceased dog.

Back
Top Bottom