OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The stars are aligningggg!

chris-pratt-andy.gif

It was a dark time. I can’t believe levy employed him. What a terrible terrible decision. Had we started with conte we would be chilling in third
Yeah, I think we both embodied this Spongebob GIF in the height of Nunoball.

Scared Nervous GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Can't be too bitter about Conte not coming in the summer though, he just didn't seem to be over the Inter split yet. Weirdly, Nuno was kind of an inspired choice if we were simply waiting for the Italian don to be convinced.
:contekiss:

Just catching up on the second half of the Milan/Atalanta game, what a goal by Theo Hernandez, in front of 70k at San Siro.

Leao took his pretty well too.

Two players I’d really like here. Hernandez would be outstanding in Conte’s system.

That's a nice finish by Martinez (Inter)
He's been playing well recently.

I can't work out how good he is. He seems to be a genuine support striker. Good at taking the ball long. Looks unselfish and I can see why people think he might work in a two with Kane. Not sure you'd want him as your sole striker though. And certainly not sure about the money being asked.

He's been playing well recently.

I can't work out how good he is. He seems to be a genuine support striker. Good at taking the ball long. Looks unselfish and I can see why people think he might work in a two with Kane. Not sure you'd want him as your sole striker though. And certainly not sure about the money being asked.
Needs someone to take defenders off from him, like what previous two seasons Lukaku did. They were perfect together and complimented each other. It helped that Conte's counters with Hakimi & Perisic as wingbacks were deadly so that's more space for Lautaro.

While this season, when paired with past it useless Dzeko, he struggled, despite the good numbers on paper. He scored a lot cause Inzaghi's system creates lots of chances.

When he is paired with Correa & Sanchez, also not great or past it, but still mobile tricky players, he does better.

The main points being - 1. He struggles to create chances for himself. 2. He's a very good striker, has good scoring instincts, scores some flashy goals, but when he has time to think what to do, lacks composure and is nervy. Would work with Kane as a second striker, imo.

Back
Top Bottom